Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   fresh water aquarium fish list (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/fresh-water-aquarium-fish-list-115868/)

9murphy9 09-30-2012 03:30 PM

fresh water aquarium fish list

hi
im Alex and ive got a 48 x 18 x 18 inch aquarium with two turtles in witch are 4 inch and fully grown with a few fancy goldfish and a small pleco (2 cm) the filter is great and keeps
waste down and ammonia is dealt with.the turtle are fine with the fish and dont bother them and ive been looking to add to the tank could i please have a list of freshwater fish that can be kept at around 23 degrees Celsius,alos i have 2 more tanks so if it become over populated due to mating or such they can be put in there so what fish could i get that fit my requirments ??thanks for any help

Alex

madyotto 10-01-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9murphy9 (Post 1261283)
hi
im Alex and ive got a 48 x 18 x 18 inch aquarium with two turtles in witch are 4 inch and fully grown with a few fancy goldfish and a small pleco (2 cm) the filter is great and keeps
waste down and ammonia is dealt with.the turtle are fine with the fish and dont bother them and ive been looking to add to the tank could i please have a list of freshwater fish that can be kept at around 23 degrees Celsius,alos i have 2 more tanks so if it become over populated due to mating or such they can be put in there so what fish could i get that fit my requirments ??thanks for any help

Alex

first of all what is the volume of water the tank holds i should imagine anything that is not too slow or small would go in the tank no problems

anything along the lines of
bigger mollies
clown loach
bala sharks if tank is big enough
knife fish
glass cats
sword tails
zebara loach
chain loach
cant think of any more atm

9murphy9 10-02-2012 10:23 AM

i belive its roughly around 190 litres due to space at the top for the turtles to bask and brethe so i think bala sharks are a no unfotunatly but ill lokk in to them others thanks for the help if anybody can think of others its apreciated it thanks

Alex

9murphy9 10-02-2012 10:26 AM

also would anybody know if a Axolotl could live with turtles and goldfish as ive little info on them yet ive seen one in the local pet shop and im quite fond of it

9murphy9 10-05-2012 11:07 AM

any one

thekoimaiden 10-05-2012 12:49 PM

I'm going to say no to the axolotl and goldfish. The external gills of the axolotl look a lot like algae and when kept with fish, they tend to eat these gills. Axolotls are best kept in single-species aquariums.

As for other fish that can fit in the aquarium, none come to mind right now. That tank is pretty well stocked. Fancy goldfish alone will fill it quite nicely.

9murphy9 10-06-2012 07:47 PM

yeah i know it a big shame about the axotly if that's spellt right i know the are a bit too big for it but i'm building a pond and that should be ready around febuary so ill pop them in there then and then illl be able to add more ive currently added 1 more fish witch is spanner barb but after that im gonna now add some loaches, African cichlids, and few more barbs hopefully as after extensive reasearch it seems i could abilitate these to live togther as the requirments would fit with each other thanks for any help
and ill post a picture once its got all the fish in in about march thanks again

Alex