Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Finally got my 55 gallon set up. (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/finally-got-my-55-gallon-set-115431/)

shireelf 09-25-2012 07:08 PM

Finally got my 55 gallon set up.

1 Attachment(s)
I am so excited! I finally got my 55 gallon tank set up. My gold fish are very happy to be in the 55 gallon instead of the 10 gallon we had. I ended up doing a fish in cycle with some new gold fish. Now I have a new problem all the new gold fish I got survived the cycling process. So now I have eight gold fish in there. At least the new ones are itty bitty, not even an inch long yet. They seem a little stressed with the addition of the huge gold fish but the bigger ones seem to be leaving the little ones alone; I think the little ones are just being cautious, but I see them getting closer to each other so maybe in a couple of days they will be fine together. My pleco is the happiest with the move, I've never seen him so active. I got him a nice decoration with lots of hiding places, but he seems to be happy exploring right now.

Stoke88 09-25-2012 07:33 PM

Nice setup. I like the colors. In the pic, it looks like the the two big Goldfish are kissing.

AbbeysDad 09-26-2012 08:34 AM

Looks good. I like the gnarly center piece, it that ceramic?
Goldfish and pleco's are really messy (lots of fish waste) and I could be wrong but it looks like you have a small internal filter? You might want to be thinking about/planning a filter upgrade?

1077 09-26-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbbeysDad (Post 1256998)
Goldfish and pleco's are really messy (lots of fish waste) and I could be wrong but it looks like you have a small internal filter? You might want to be thinking about/planning a filter upgrade?

Looks to be Emperor 400 filter by Marineland.

shireelf 09-26-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbbeysDad (Post 1256998)

Unfortunately it is ceramic, I've been working on getting a piece of driftwood ready for a while now, it still discolors the water so I can't put it in yet. I have a penguin bio wheel power filter 350 in there right now. On the specks it says its rated for up to 75 gallons.

1077 09-26-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shireelf (Post 1257006)
Unfortunately it is ceramic, I've been working on getting a piece of driftwood ready for a while now, it still discolors the water so I can't put it in yet. I have a penguin bio wheel power filter 350 in there right now. On the specks it says its rated for up to 75 gallons.

Would add another,one on each end.

AbbeysDad 09-26-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shireelf (Post 1257006)

Ah...I looked again and said to myself 'what were you seeing'. (I'll give myself a stern talking to :-))