Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
-   -   Copy and paste? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/copy-paste-115046/)

marshallsea 09-21-2012 03:19 PM

Copy and paste?
 
I know this will expose my computer abilities, but how do I copy and paste the diag form to my new thread?

Olympia 09-21-2012 03:40 PM

Haha, click and drag your mouse across all the text. It should become highlighted. Then right click (or hold down the mouse if you are on a mac) and click "copy." Then go to type on a new post, right click and click "paste." :-)

marshallsea 09-21-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympia (Post 1251617)
Haha, click and drag your mouse across all the text. It should become highlighted. Then right click (or hold down the mouse if you are on a mac) and click "copy." Then go to type on a new post, right click and click "paste." :-)

What does right click mean?

Olympia 09-21-2012 03:53 PM

Your mouse has two buttons right? The one you click on everything with is the left click. The right click is the other one (on the right side).

marshallsea 09-21-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympia (Post 1251644)
Your mouse has two buttons right? The one you click on everything with is the left click. The right click is the other one (on the right side).

Mine has no mouse, just a 2''x3'' pad to click.

Olympia 09-21-2012 03:57 PM

Oh, are you on a laptop?
It should work if you hold the click long enough.
Otherwise, after you highlight everything: press the "ctrl" button, hold, and press the "c" button (so they are pressed at the same time). Then to paste, hold the "ctrl" button, and press the "v" button.

marshallsea 09-21-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympia (Post 1251651)
Oh, are you on a laptop?
It should work if you hold the click long enough.
Otherwise, after you highlight everything: press the "ctrl" button, hold, and press the "c" button (so they are pressed at the same time). Then to paste, hold the "ctrl" button, and press the "v" button.

Yes, I'm on a laptop. I got it highlighted then pressed cntrl then c and the text flashed then cntrl then v but no success. I'll just type it all onto a thread.Thank you for your patience, Olympia.

Olympia 09-21-2012 04:15 PM

Hmm, can't you try looking it on google or something? There might be a better explanation than I can give somewhere.

saguaro48 09-21-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshallsea (Post 1251593)
I know this will expose my computer abilities, but how do I copy and paste the diag form to my new thread?

Suggestion to highlight text and press ctrl-C was correct but I think that you have to tap your touchpad once after you see the text highlighted on the screen. If you do this step correctly you will see that you can move your cursor but the highlighting will no longer change on the screen. Once you complete the copy step you can go to your new thread and insert using ctrl-V. Hope this helps you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2