Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Saltwater Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-fish/)
-   -   Tank upgrade!!! Lots of pics to come :) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-fish/tank-upgrade-lots-pics-come-114880/)

ReefTrooper 09-20-2012 07:24 AM

Tank upgrade!!! Lots of pics to come :)

4 Attachment(s)
Hey there :) I'm pleased to inform that the fever of upgrading has hit me already :P im not even 2 months into my marine fish keeping yet and im Upgrading from my small 30 gallon to a ........ 70 gallon!!!!! :-D :twisted: I'm going to keep this thread updated with lots and lots of pics as my upgrading continues. the current tank dimensions are 3 feet length by 1' width and 18" height... the new one is going to be 3' in length, 2' in width and 18"in height.So that a whole extra foot to improve my setup :lol: its almost a cube tank. I will be ordering the tank today or tomorrow and it should be ready by Monday :smile: i will then start with the transfer!! I cant wait!! :lol: until then.. here is some pics of the inhabitants of my 30 as it stands today...
My Yellow tail blue damsel.. who i have found to be very mild.. he wont even touch my domino damsel... he minds his own business the whole time. With my Yellow eared angel fish Who is one of the reasons im upgrading tank size....Attachment 64867

again my YTBDAttachment 64868

My sweet occelaris clown fish.. he seems to be thriving and has grown about half an inch since i got him:smile: Attachment 64869

an edited pic of the OC clown I thought id share since it looked so cool:smile: Attachment 64870
Stay Tuned for further pics..

Tazman 09-20-2012 10:19 AM

Great news on tank upgrade, am considering going from a 55g to a 90g. Look forward to seeing the tank as it progresses.

:thumbsup:

Reefing Madness 09-20-2012 10:26 AM

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/a...con_cincin.gif

FlyingFish47 09-20-2012 05:00 PM

Is that species of clownfish the same as Nemo?? I never knew until that movie came out that there was more than one kind :) I saw a pair of them in a fish shop here, they were really really tiny, I wasn't sure if they were just babies or if there's such a thing as dwarf clownfish. Kinda hope not since it will make me want some! :P

Reefing Madness 09-20-2012 07:48 PM

Clownfish for Sale: Clownfish Species for the Home Aquarium

evanlundberg4 09-20-2012 10:17 PM

I just got a pair of clowns a few days ago and I love them. They are very interesting little fish. They spend a lot of the day bombing around my tank playing in front of my power heads. I got a 55 gallon tank and while its definitely plenty big enough as time goes on I find myself envisioning a 75 to 100 gallon tank 8-)

ReefTrooper 09-21-2012 07:34 AM

14 Attachment(s)
Yes Tazman definitely go for it!!:thumbsup: Didn't you just upgrade from your 20 gallon to your current 55? I look forward to seeing that new upgrade thread of yours... With lots of pics :-) ;-)
I ordered the 70 gallon today.. it should be ready by Monday,latest Tuesday. As i promised and i have nothing else to show to y'all pic lovers yet..... here are some pics of India(as seen from my apartment on the 11th floor in pune)-(Where i live,though im actually German)- and where im going to place my tank...
Hope u like them :-D One of them is me taking a pic of mysely in our huge mirror, I'm wearing my school uniform and yes I'm 14. ;-) :roll:Attachment 64943

Attachment 64944

Attachment 64945

Attachment 64947

Attachment 64948

Attachment 64949

Attachment 64950

Attachment 64951

Attachment 64952

Attachment 64953

Attachment 64954

Attachment 64955

Attachment 64956

Attachment 64957

Tazman 09-21-2012 08:02 AM

Started at 32 now on a 55 soon to be on a 90g, once I get the new skimmer and other stuff.

Like the pictures :-)

ReefTrooper 09-21-2012 08:54 AM

Oh hah-aha :-) Cant wait to see that build thread ;-) Could i see some pics of your 55 for the time being? Pleaseeeee? ;-) And thanks :-)
Ohh by the way how's your cichlid tank doing? Ill post some pics of my pond soon as my cichs have really grown :smile: Remember the thread about my cichlid pond? I'm talking about the same one.

Tazman 09-21-2012 09:34 AM

I will get some pictures later on, sure. Not much has changed since I started it. Had an cyano outbreak although that seems to be gone now.

Cichlids are doing great thanks, lost a BN pleco but other than that still all the same.

Will for sure start a build thread once I actually pick up the 90g tank and all the new substrate and live rock, am considering options for lights, Ecotech Radeon XR30 may have to be an early christmas present to myself, either that or a cheaper LED option, not too happy with my T5H0's that I have at the moment.