Not sure its ich... see pic
Not 100% sure this is Ich. I first noticed my dwarf gouramis had 3 small spots on the dorsal fin that seemed to cause her to clamp her fin. Within 2 days it disappeared. 24 hours later, her right eye looked like it was popped with white around the upper edge. Prior to all this I had noticed her color around her head looked off. Ssince I added a new light recently, I questioned it. Now with these other symptoms present, looking closer at her, her slime coat around her head looked off. I lost her partner about a month ago, with no symptoms I noticed other than his color didn't look as vibrant blue. I also noticed on the day of the pop eye gouramis, that my newer angel of 3 weeks, looked like her dorsal had a nip out of it. She's been growing and the dorsal has widened recently so again,not real sure what's up. After reading the Ich thread and all the diseases, I decided to try Melafix and Pimafix together 4 days ago, since it has worked in the past for me and I didn't like the thought of any use of these harsher meds. I first did a partial water change,cleaned my filter and added an airstone for more circulation. In approx a day and a half the goramis eye looked fine. Not popping and no white and her slime coat seems to be improving. 24 hours after that,yesterday, one of my neon tetras has a very noticeable white spot behind one eye! It looks bigger today and he is trying to rub it off. May also have a small wht dot on nose, maybe a fin or 2. I was apprehensive about using salt in a planted tank, and more importantly with my 2 angels. I had typed a long post yesterday, only to loose it prior to sending. So, I said "'fudge this", and gave the two tetras a salt dip and slightly raised my temp after doing a second water change this week. I also took out a messy plant has been clogging up my filter regularly. And catching the tetras caused me to uproot a plant or two which when all was said and done, made a mess in the tank. I have had no cloudy water issues until last night after the water change and adding the Melafix and Pimafix. It's just slightly hazy. Thinking of putting the carbon filter back in, even tho it will likly remove my florish plant food (so far only added 1 x @ 1/2 recommended dose last week) and equilibrium,(which I have only added 1x last week). Which raises another question about feeding plants while using Melafix, Pimafix, or anything else that may be recommended.
1. Size of tank? 30 gallon
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? o
d. pH, KH and GH? 7.0, 71.6ppm,71.6ppm
e. Test kit? API
3. Temperature? Normally 82, raised to 84
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? freshwater
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 6 months
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? 2 Veil Angels, 1 dwarf opal gouramis, 1 pineapple swordfish, 1 candy stripe One of the angels is new by 3 weeks. Lost 2 others that never acclimated. Other fish I have had for months. All size appropriate with 1 angel (oldest) being largest,size of 50 cent piece.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? No quarentine
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Added more live plants approx. 3 weeks ago, & removed all artificial.
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Regular LFS gravel. Added gravel back slowly 4 weeks ago after removing it all with an amonia spike.
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? Pirate ship removed 1 week ago after brown algae pop. 1 small treasure chest for pleco.
9. a. Filtration? Bio filter, removed carbon when I planted the tank.
b. Heater? yes
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? New light 2 weeks ago,Ultra sun-zoo med,use 1 bulb. Reduced time to 8 hrs since algae pop.
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? Indirect sun. My blinds are closed during most of the day thru summer, so its fairly dark.
11. a. Water change schedule? 1 x week regular schedule. This week 2 x since noticing fish problem.
b. Volume of water changed? 20-25%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? RO water, added Equilibrium 1st time 2 weeks ago.
d. Water conditioner used? Stress Zyme every water change.
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Every water change, vacum lightly to not disturb plants.
12. Foods? Omega One flake fed in am,either frozen bloodworms or frozen brine shrimp in pm
How often are they fed? 2 x
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? white spots
b. Appearance of poop? ok
c. Appearance of gills? ok
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? yes
b. What meds were used? for 3 days have used Pimafix and Melafix. Increased temp to 84.
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
Read more: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/t...#ixzz26wLEEkSS
Can't exactly tell from your pics, do they look like they've been sprinkled with salt?
Might want to check fungal infections. Search for that and see tje treatments for it.
Posted via Mobile Device
I went back, for what feels like the 100th time, to the Diseases and Treatment thread, after reading your post. A pic caught my attention under Viral Infection/Tumors - Lymphocystis. It had the same appearance of the disappearing white spots. The one on the tetras nose is now gone too. They still have the small specks on fins, mostly where fins meet the body, like described in the Viral Infection. They mention two possible causes that I could relate to. One is the carbon theory. I only recently removed my carbon, after planting the tank. The other mention was mineral deficiency. I just started adding Seachem's Equilibrium to my RO water for this reason. I vacumed the gravel yesterday and did a 25% water change w/ Equil added. Still using the Pimafix and Melafix, so we'll see. No other Alien attacks at this time! I appreciate your feedback, it got me investigating one more time.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2