Tropical Fish Keeping banner

help with sand substrate asap!

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  92smokeaccord 
#1 ·
ok so i ended up getting a offer to have free live sand but they are 2 different types of sand see pics.can i mix them together aand be good or just use one kind.heres where the asap part comes i have to go get it befor the other he offered goes.theres 50 lbs in the white and another 80lbs in the other kind. note thy both have white sand.thanks

this is the mixed bag with lil bits of shells and other sea stuff you would find in the actuall ocean

this is the white kind

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
ddone went and got it.so i got a total of 120lbs of live sand for free! i already put it all in after i removed my play sand.i must say there is one hell of a difference.i put the ocean sea stuff on the bottom and used the white stuff as a the top it looks sooo much cleaner now compaired to play sand.gonna let the tank settle for a lil bit and take pics.

o btw thats not all i got.i got aall brand new in boxes a seaclone 150 skimmer ,2 marine land powerheads the 1200 ones,fuval 300 watt heater,marine land 350 filter,2 aqueon 617 gph return pumps , crap loud of fish food fresh and salt,3 30in t8 standard lights,crap load of fake plants,2 maineland 250 filters,50ft water change kit,lots more this is just off the top of my head lol.o since all this was new in boxes i returned 2 30in light to the pet store for store credit and got 100 bucks for fish.lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.