Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
-   -   could my comet be a carrier or do i just have the worse luck? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/could-my-comet-carrier-do-i-114379/)

Ashtreelogger 09-15-2012 03:14 PM

could my comet be a carrier or do i just have the worse luck?

Ok soooooooo i am at the point of giving up on ever getting a friend for my goldfish Xun cause ever since i added her and a white goldfish named Shiro into the 45 gallon tank every other goldfish but Xun has gotten sick and died and the irony is she got sick and recovered within a month and is swimming around like nothing is wrong and is happyily in her new home.I keep up on my water changes,i test my water always read differently and when it does i go to fix it if there is too much ph, ammonia,or nitrate but this is how it goes ever since i moved Xun and Shiro into the 45 gallon tank

won my first goldfish at a chinese new years festival thinking i wasn't going to win a fish but did and named him lobster and had him til june then he dies of swim bladder went from a cup,to a bowl,to a 2.5 gallon,to a 5 gallon was my first goldfish

om my birthday i bought Xun to give lobster a friend she gets sick has red dot on her scales both her and lobsters loose their fins i treat them both move them out of the 2.5 gallon to a 5 gallon only lobster dies and she survives and she went from a 2.5 gallon,to a 5 gallon,to a 10 gallon,and is safely living in a 45 gallon now

randomly looking at fish decide to buy another goldfish to go with xun and lobster in the 5 gallon get a cute orange and white one that looked like a fantail that got fixed in with the comets after purchase i look him over notice a few torn fins and decide to treat him named him Cyrille.he dies within a month only had him since april he dies of swim bladder in may do to accidentally dropping the food in the tank had done a water change after the food dropping.only Xun and Lobster Survied after he died. was just in the 5 gallon at the time.

july goes to petsmat to get medication for the betta who was loosing his fins spots a beautiful white fantail buys him for Xun cause she's been lonely ever since lobster died and was planning to buy her a new friend anyway.I name him shiro put him in with xun.healthy as an ox.gets moved into the 10 gallon with xun still healthy as ever.moving day which was at the end of August i empty out the tank him and xun are living in they temporarly go back to the 5 gallon til the 45 gallon was set up.set's up the 45 gallon add Xun and Shiro in again both fine. than not even 2 weeks being in that tank he gets caught in the filter 4 times and gets caught twice in one day stays under a bridge the next day he disappears from the tank no where to be found. i still have three therories one he buried himself deep in the gravel and still has yet to be found,2 the black moore and Xun ate him,or 3 even though he was ill he some how jumped out of the tank and the cat got him.still hasn't been found.he went from a 5 gallon,toa 10 gallon,back to a 5 gallon,to a 45 gallon

This month bought a black moore fish named him mu(just cause i had to torment my friend who's nick name is mu).anyway had mu for 2 weeks he starts showing some igns shiro was showing that worried me but i could dignose what the problem was since he it wasn't swim bladder,ich,or something i was un aware of.on wednseday of this month he died after i found him stuck in the filter and went in to get him and he just wasn't moving and passed away.but grandma did mention seeing white spots on the mu when he came to see him.so it may have been ich and i didn't look him over carefully

Last week bought a Ryukin mom named him Iggy cause he reminded us of izzy an old cat he had when i was a little girl.this morning called a phone call from mom who found him in the filter still alive now he is moving very slowly she said he has a bruise on him and is resting in the decorations.Suspect he will be the next to go.again can't seem to find the cause.

one this i have notice with shiro,mu,and iggy they always seem to go under a bridge decoration i have in there as a hiding spot.shiro was under there before he died,mu went under there before he died,and iggy who is still alive for now was under it alot.

but only one so far who is not getting sick and is showing no signs is Xun she is the only one who is swimming around,eating,moving fast in the tank.and she's been in their for more than a week and has not been giving odd behavior ever since her recovery back in march.

so what could it be please help

is it Xun?
is it the new tank and hasn't been cycled competely?
or do i just have the worse luck with gold fish?

cause all three gold fish were healthy as a flippin ox that they go in the 4 gallon and they die accept Xun she is the only one that is surviving everything and i just want Xun to have a playmate or two in heir with her.

please i've already heard the whole goldfish are dirty,they need a strong filter,the produce a lot of waste,yatta yatta yatta,i'vr already heard it from people who gave me the help and advise from before trust me I know this stuff and i have listened and tried my best to do what they told me.i am asking why my fish keep dying. i always do water changes and l keep up on them i even do water changes after my fish die so that they don't polute the tank i've been actually doing the water change twice a week now instead of once just to be safe.and if it's benificial bacteria i did try using a filter cartrige from the established betta tank and dipping it in the goldfish tank a bit to help give the tank benificial bacteria just incase it wasn't complete cycled other than that please help i need advice.

you can tell i am still new at this.i want all my fish to at least live past a year to twenty years. OTL -________________-

npila1 09-20-2012 05:17 PM

Hello, can you answer the list of questions about your tank and fish?

1. Size of tank?

2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia?
b. Nitrite?
c. Nitrate?
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit?

3. Temperature?

4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)?

5. How long the aquarium has been set up?

6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?

7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?

8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants?
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?

9. a. Filtration?
b. Heater?

10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?

11. a. Water change schedule?
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water?
d. Water conditioner used?
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?

12. Foods?
How often are they fed?

13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?

14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used?

15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.