New Lemon Tetras have patch on head
This is the first stocking of my newly cycled tank and two of my 5 new Lemon Tetra have developed white patches that look like sores or injuries on the tops of their heads over night. Four of them are shoaling together, one of the affected is staying at the top of the tank alone. All are eating.
1. Size of tank? 29 gallon
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? 10-20
d. pH, KH and GH? 7.4 , 59mg/L according to utility
e. Test kit? API Master
3. Temperature? 79.3
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? Fresh
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? Fully cycled one week
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
5 Lemon Tetras bought yesterday-less than 1 inch
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? No, trying to do my initial stocking
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Floating Water Sprite, about 15 various other live plants
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? Smooth rocks, 2 pieces of Malaysian drift wood
9. a. Filtration? Marine Land Penguin 150
b. Heater? Fluval
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? 11 hours, AquaGlo T8
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? Indirect room light
11. a. Water change schedule? One on the day it fully cycled, 1 the day before adding fish
b. Volume of water changed? 50% first time, 30 % second
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap
d. Water conditioner used? Prime
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? both times, lightly so as not to disturb plants
12. Foods? Fed once on flakes, ate well
How often are they fed? so far only once
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Two fish have fuzzy white patches on tops of head
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? No
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
It's difficult to see because my camera wants to focus on everything but the fish, but the top left fish is one of the ones affected. It does not look so fuzzy in real life, slightly fuzzy but more like a white sore.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2