Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
-   -   In need of Dietary information / food for Herbivorous foods! (Urgent). (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/need-dietary-information-food-herbivorous-foods-114106/)

Dawes 09-12-2012 05:38 PM

In need of Dietary information / food for Herbivorous foods! (Urgent).

In need of Dietary information / food for Herbivorous fish! (Urgent).***

I've been using the following:
Hikari Mini Pellets. (Frequent, rotary basis with other foods).
Nutrafin Max Tropical Fish Flakes. (Frequent, rotary basis with other foods).
King British Algae Wafers. (Frequent, primarily for my Pleco, rotary).
King British Catfish pellets. (Frequent, primarily for my Pleco, rotary).
Frozen, Gamma Radiated Bloodworms, pre-soaked before feeding. (One 'Tablet' every 1-2 weeks).
De-shelled, crused/pasted peas (Once a week, more if possible, to aid digestion).

(So all in all, they have had quite a differing food choice, which I heard is quite good to have).

So far the peas and Algae Wafers are only the 'pure' source of herbivorous food that my Livebarers are currently getting, and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with a good high quality Herbivorous fish food.

On another note. I have seen these products and was wondering if you could give me your opinion on which is the best product to feed to Mollies and other Herbivorous fish, specifically. Or if you have a better recommendation, recommend an entirely different product!

Ocean Nutrition Formula 2 Flake

Ocean Nutrition Cichlid Vegi

Ocean Nutrition Spirulina Flake

Ocean Nutrition Cichlid Vegi Pellet Small

Tetramin Pro Veg

(I currently have Mollies, Guppies, Platys, and a single Pleco in my Aquarium)
The Herbivorous food is primarily for the Mollies, and I am in urgent need of some, as making de-shelled peas into paste is quite labour intensive on the hands and wrists.

I also understand that some of the products I have linked are primarily for other Species of fish (Cichlids), but as they are Herbivorous, I cant see my Mollies not eating it.

fish monger 09-12-2012 06:07 PM

The spirulina and pro veg sound like good choices according to the fish profile. Blanched spinach is also mentioned. Naturally, veggies are only part of their diet. A good balance is best.

djembekah 09-12-2012 07:22 PM

my sword tails graze on plants all day. your pleco would probably appreciate cucumber, and who knows, your mollies might go for it too.
of course i'm no expert in live bearers. and probably not anything :lol:

GwenInNM 09-12-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djembekah (Post 1240921)
my sword tails graze on plants all day. your pleco would probably appreciate cucumber, and who knows, your mollies might go for it too.
of course i'm no expert in live bearers. and probably not anything :lol:

Plecos LOVE cucumbers!! :) Take a slice and use the suction cup clip or put on a fork and put on bottom of tank.

Dawes 09-13-2012 05:35 AM

Anyone have more information regarding the website links I have posted?
I'd love to know which one seems best for my needs.