Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Best place to buy plants online? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/best-place-buy-plants-online-112883/)

otter 09-02-2012 12:01 PM

Best place to buy plants online?

Hello,
I am going to buy plants online because the pet stores where I live don't have a very large selection.

I was wondering the best place to buy them.
I have before, but I didn't like their service. I forget the name of the store, but the fish I bought arrived dead and the shipping was rediculously expensive for the small amount of items I bought.

Any suggestions?

fishkid 09-02-2012 12:21 PM

The best place to get plants online is from the classified sections of online planted tank forums, like plantedtank.net (if you do sign up there tell them Axelrodi202 sent you). The site has a system that shows feedback from previous buyers of a seller, and the plants themselves are usually healthy and in good condition.

BradSD 09-02-2012 12:42 PM

There are sellers on this very website that have very nice plants with resonable shipping cost. I have purchased plants from the big chains to the little guys here, I prefer to order from the sellers on this site. Its a win win for everyone, you support other hobbist, they save you a few bucks and you get nice plants. The only downside is the selection is not as great. The sellers will be in the classified section on this site. Over the last two years I have bought from 5 different people and very happy with all of them.

cwmorrow 09-02-2012 02:44 PM

William Tricker is a water gardening mail order shop, but they are a good choice for valisneria and the like.

Boredomb 09-02-2012 04:53 PM

As its been said already try the classified section here and you be surprised what you may find. Also there are other sites online that you check out as Thatpetplace.com, or Mikeswetpets, another site is Sweetaquatics.com though I had a bad experience with them but others have had good luck with them and they are about the cheapest for a company other then that classifieds are the best choice for prices usually.
Posted via Mobile Device

fishkid 09-02-2012 05:36 PM

I ordered from SweetAquatics two years ago and had a positive experience, but I've read that others who've ordered more recently have not had such luck. Also their site seems to be down.

BradSD 09-02-2012 05:37 PM

Yeah I think they went out of business for some reason.

Boredomb 09-02-2012 05:41 PM

Didn't realize that well ok so forget about Sweetaquatics then LoL.
Posted via Mobile Device

otter 09-02-2012 07:06 PM

Thank you guys!

I ended up ordering from

some site.. I forget what its called already ahg!

But they had really great reviews and it was cheaper than most of the other sites I visited!

I am definitely looking forward to buying from hobbyists on here!
I have to wait for the plants I want though!

But thank you all!

corwinlame 09-04-2012 12:08 AM

I think many sites available for purchasing best plants online. Now a days its very important to buy some best plant and increase some trees so you have to purchase all the plants online.