Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
- - Need more advice to create Planted Tank! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/need-more-advice-create-planted-tank-112766/)
Need more advice to create Planted Tank!
First, I'd like to say "Thank You" to all the knowledgeable Aquarist for your valuable help! The more I utilize this site, the more grateful I am to have connected with it! My last post was, Re: RO Water too Pure? I got a lot of great advice, and read a great 4 part Byron wrote, "Basic Approach to Natural Planted Aquariums".
Since I am working back asswards on creating a more natural environment for my fish, I am still not certain if I am on the right path. My existing 30 gallon,w/ pure RO water, Bio Wheel and Carbon filter, regular LGF gravel, Reg. florescent bulb, Air stone, handful of live plants mixed with artificial, and stocked with soft water fish...with the Angelfish and Gouramis being my primary concern, here's my plan...
1) Use Seachem Equlibrium & Florish Comp. per Byron recommendation and monitor the GH.
2) Add more live plants specific for soft water and remove airstone.
3) Continue using Bio Wheel but not the carbon filters.
4) Add 1 full spectrum light and 1 cool blue.
Will this work? My ultimate goal is to acquire a 100gal. and do it the right way! But for now I want to salvage this tank, make it a healthy environment for my fish.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.