Tropical Fish Keeping banner

goldfish died :(

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  1077 
#1 ·
ive had 3 little goldfish in a pond for a few days now, and i found one of my goldfish stuck to the filter. i poked ti see if it was jsut sleeping and it did not move, so i took it out of the water. no movement, no gulping mouth. dead. any reasons why it could be dead already? i dont think 3 days is enough for a filter to be overwhelmed by 3 goldfish... it had media from my fish tank in it.
this goldfish was always a little lazy and hid under the rocks alot, could that be a sign of something?

#2 ·
I might first test the water for ammonia,nitrites, and if these two reading's are anything but zero,,I would perform 35 to 50 % water change using conditioner such as PRIME.
Would check temp to see that it is not too warm for goldfish who prefer cooler temps.(place pond in the shade).
If the fish are new,,I would not rule out the possibility that the fish was sick when purchased.
Might add more borrowed media from your fish tank if possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.