so one of my fantails im pretty sure is dead already. my rukin is at the top upside down but breathing and my other fantail is near the ryukin upright but not moving. what could be wrong with them?? there isnt any ammonia or nitrites and plenty of aeration. im about to do a large water change, but i dont know what else to do.
We need some information about your tank before we can begin to diagnose. Please fill out this form: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/t...ou-post-61135/
1. Size of tank?
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? will get after water changes
d. pH, KH and GH? 7.8 n/a n/a
e. Test kit?
room temp (about 75)
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)?
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?
a week but has established filter
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
3 goldfish(2 fantails, 1 ryukin) one is about 4 inches and the other 2 are 2 inches or so.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? no
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? barebottom
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
terra cotta pots one larger and one medium
9. a. Filtration? ac70
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? 12-10, regular white lights that came with hood
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
11. a. Water change schedule? weekly
b. Volume of water changed? 50%-75%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? tap
d. Water conditioner used? prime
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
12. Foods?nls thera plus small fish formula and nls medium formula plus vegies (but they dont eat them)
How often are they fed?
once a day
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? not moving much, but still eating, sitting at top, flipping upside down.
b. Appearance of poop? orange (i think thats from the nls)
c. Appearance of gills? normal
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? no
b. What meds were used?
the small fantail did die. the ryukin did swim around but has gone back to the top and is now on its side. im doing a water change now.
They sound like they are having swim bladder problems. Are you feeding them floating food? Fancy goldfish should be fed sinking food as they gulp air when they are feed floating food.
Fasting is often a good way to clear any problems up. Also watch for air bubbles in their poop. Can you tell me if you see any long white stringy poop?
A nitrate reading would be helpful. High nitrates can cause swim bladder problems.
the orange one is still at the top. they didnt eat anything so im going to do a water change. should i try peas?
the ryukin died :(
I'm sorry you've lost your ryukin. Those little guys are my favorite breed of goldfish. I have two.
Fasting is a good place to start. If you feed them anything feed them spinach. You can blanch it to make it easier to digest. This is the best thing for bloat and constipation. I have no clue where that pea myth came from.
ok ill get some spinach. i dont think this last one has anything wrong with it though. i mean its hanging near the top and its hung near the bottom but never stuck there.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2