Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Pepper Cories spawning

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Byron 
#1 ·
So a couple days ago, I discover a strange white "growth", looked like a vertical column of white balls, small enough to be grains of sand - in fact I wrote it off as such at the time, although I was suspecting them to be eggs. The stuff had vanished by the next day - possibly eaten by themselves or by the Serpae tetras. Today I have confirmation that they are eggs. I saw a Corydoras couple doing the mating thing, making the T formation was the male wiggles his.. well you know. And then out of nowhere, there was the same white egg formation, this time dangling from a pygmy chain sword leaf.

So, what do I do now?

#2 ·
... ok, it seem to me these are "young couples", juveniles who aren't very experienced with this yet, because the little package of eggs has fallen off the sword leaf because of its colour, blends in with the sand and I can't even remove them if I wanted to... maybe with some judicious siphoning, I might manage it? I don't even know if I'm prepared at all to raise fry. :|

#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.