Tropical Fish Keeping banner

fungus prob

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  1077 
#1 ·
My platy again has this white stuff on him and lately it is only affecting my males..I believe it is a fungus bc I have lost 2 fish from what I believe is the fungus..besides wc what is the best medicine that I could use to treat the whole tank dont have another setup to hospitalize it..thx

#2 ·
Looking back through your post's, you have had problem's with both platy's,and mollies, but
I (other's) have yet to see any mention of water parameter's other than the opinion that they are fine.
These fishes need hard alkaline water,zero ammonia and nitrites all day,every day, and nitrates below 20 ppm.
If water parameter's are other wise,,then fishes will likely remain sickly whether you medicate the fishes or not.
If water parameter's are in order,,then after removing carbon,,You could use product such as Quick Cure (formalin,malachite green) at recommended dose for treatment of external parasites and mild fungus/finrot.
Follow direction's on medication, more is NOT better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.