Tropical Fish Keeping banner

What kind of fish is this??

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  NeedToKnow 
#1 ·
I saw it at the Florida Aquarium today. It was in a very large freshwater aquarium, probably a couple hundred gallons. It was the only one of its kind in the entire tank, but there were about 50-100 of the small white fish you see at the bottom of the first picture. Any information or guesses will help, as I have no idea whatsoever. Thanks

Marine biology Fish Underwater Blue Organism

Organism Underwater Fish Marine biology Electric blue

Organism

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm almost positive it was. I'm not sure if you've been to the FL Aquarium, but all of their saltwater exhibits are really bright. Apparently except for this one. The tank was surrounded by a bunch of other freshwater tanks, with alligators and swamp/pond fish.
That is the exact kind of fish I saw though, so I guess it was a saltwater tank. Thanks

#8 ·
that is a saltwater fish, the other fish in with them are also saltwater, and if u look at the rock in one of the pictures it has a bit of coraline algae on it. i think that is a saltwater tank!

#9 ·
Alright, thanks. I saw it, and I thought it was the coolest looking fish. The tank was surrounded by other freshwater tanks, so I guess I just assumed it was freshwater, too. I got happy because I thought maybe I could get one, since I've only done freshwater tanks myself, and don't have the money or means for a salt tank. I guess this proves what they say about assuming is true. Haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.