Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
- - black fin shark w/ ich? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/black-fin-shark-w-ich-10960/)
black fin shark w/ ich?
I'm not quite sure what to do... I want to treat all my fish because I'm sure they've been exposed to it by now. I read that a copper sulfate treatment was the best, but will that hurt my shark, since he is scaleless? Will the medicine damage my tank, or the rocks in it? I've read a lot about the disease, I just need some personalized information.
I beleave at the top of the forum there is a good ich remedy that is really safe for all fish and plants, by adding salt and raising the tank temperature.
if you dose with copper, or any other medicines keep in mind a few things.
- some fish will not tolerate some medicines
- Copper will kill snails and some plants.
- silicone can absorb certain medicines, releasing them back into the water slowly over time.
I would try the first method i mentioned, slowly raise the water tempature to around 84 degrees over a period of days and add salt and do water changes each day.
other then that Ich Guard 2 seems to be a decent medicine that will not hurt scaless fish
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.