Sick betta! pale and reddish spots and other stuff
1. Size of tank? 2 Gallons
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? dont have a test kit, but did a 100% water change today
d. pH, KH and GH? Ph 6.6 -8
e. Test kit? API
3. Temperature? 20C
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 1year 7 months 1 week 2 days
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? One male betta who ive had for 2 years 7 months 1 week. He is just under 2 inches (not including tail)
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? No as he is the only fish
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? 1 live plant that disintegrated. Now two plastic plants as of today.
b. Sand, gravel, bare bottom? Changed to sand about weeks ago.
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? 2 Plastic plants.
9. a. Filtration? No
b. Heater? No
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? When we get up to when we go to bed.
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? Indirect for a couple of hours. <^ Has been like that for over 2.7 years.
11. a. Water change schedule? 1 week to 2 weeks
b. Volume of water changed? About 50ish%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap water
d. Water conditioner used? Prime
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Every Change, but now my gravel cleaner is broken, so im stirring the sand a cupping out the poop when I changed it today. Eww.
12. Foods? Betta pellets and sometime bloodworms
How often are they fed? 2 pellets/worms twice a day.
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Rip fin down the middle of his tail fin, I red spot on his anal fin and on his back fin (cant remember name) a stringy white peice of fin.
b. Appearance of poop? I cant tell, but he is eating just fine (?)
c. Appearance of gills? Fine
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? Yes
b. What meds were used? I used Melafix
Please help me!! My friend emailed me a link about Columanris so im getting paranoid about that little white thread. I can tell if losing his colors make me paranoid about dropsy. Im just paranoid when my fish are sick. Ill try to get picture, but the camera make the patches hard to see.
Sorry to hear about your sick fishy. At this time until you know for sure what ailment he has, I'd do 50% water changes daily. In a two gallon tank with no filter, you should try for 50% twice a week IMO.
If you have any AQ salt, add some of that to your next water change. When you can get a picture, post it here and see if anyone can identify the issue.
Well today he look so much better!! Im so happy, hes swimming and almost all his colour is back! I is one happy fish mommy :) :)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2