Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Anabantids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/anabantids/)
-   -   Curious About Gouramis (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/anabantids/curious-about-gouramis-109445/)

eaturbyfill 08-02-2012 03:55 PM

Curious About Gouramis
 
I plan on having 2 community tanks one day, a 20g and a 55g. I definitely want a/some Gourami in the 55g! Every time that I go to the pet store, any Gourami always catches my eye without fail. For some reason, I absolutely love the little guys. I posted this thread so the ever-helpful members of TFK could help a curious fish keeper learn about these wonderful fish! Please share things like the conditions they prefer, good/bad tankmates, other information, and personal experiences with these fish. Thank you! 8-) I am anxious to learn and hear your stories!

fishysrfun 08-02-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaturbyfill (Post 1181934)
I plan on having 2 community tanks one day, a 20g and a 55g. I definitely want a/some Gourami in the 55g! Every time that I go to the pet store, any Gourami always catches my eye without fail. For some reason, I absolutely love the little guys. I posted this thread so the ever-helpful members of TFK could help a curious fish keeper learn about these wonderful fish! Please share things like the conditions they prefer, good/bad tankmates, other information, and personal experiences with these fish. Thank you! 8-) I am anxious to learn and hear your stories!

What kind of Gourami?

eaturbyfill 08-02-2012 09:51 PM

Dwarf, Honey, Moonlight, Kissing, Thick lip, and any others that I've seen and can't remember. I've never seen a type of Gourami that I don't like. Dunno what it is about them.

Jayy 08-02-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaturbyfill (Post 1182442)
Dwarf, Honey, Moonlight, Kissing, Thick lip, and any others that I've seen and can't remember. I've never seen a type of Gourami that I don't like. Dunno what it is about them.

We have profiles on all those gourami. I'll help you out Dwarf Gourami, Honey Gourami, Moonlight Gourami, Kissing Gourami, and Thick Lip Gourami. Just click on the shaded names and you can also find the profiles, the second tab from the left.

eaturbyfill 08-02-2012 10:17 PM

Thanks. I love the fish profiles on this site.

Jayy 08-02-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaturbyfill (Post 1182486)
Thanks. I love the fish profiles on this site.

Your welcome.

Savannah 08-02-2012 11:41 PM

you have to be really carful though because these fish carry a deadly disease that is fatal and so many have it that i've read alot of websites that tell you to not even get them cause the chance is so big, I now relize how amazingly lucky I am that mine wasn't sick especilly since i got it from pet smart.Just a note of caution. :|

Jayy 08-03-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savannah (Post 1182633)
you have to be really carful though because these fish carry a deadly disease that is fatal and so many have it that i've read alot of websites that tell you to not even get them cause the chance is so big, I now relize how amazingly lucky I am that mine wasn't sick especilly since i got it from pet smart.Just a note of caution. :|

It's the Dwarf Gourami that carry the disease(Read more about disease in profile). I think it's something to do with constant breeding which them to be less hardy and develop disease. I'm not too sure someone like Bryon would have better info on that. This also many say to stay away from the dwarf. Any of the other Gourami are perfectly healthy.

eaturbyfill 08-03-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayy (Post 1182680)
It's the Dwarf Gourami that carry the disease(Read more about disease in profile). I think it's something to do with constant breeding which them to be less hardy and develop disease. I'm not too sure someone like Bryon would have better info on that. This also many say to stay away from the dwarf. Any of the other Gourami are perfectly healthy.

Aw, how sad. Those are lovely fish, and seem so sweet.
I hate how people weaken fish so carelessly by overbreeding some species..:evil:

Cehszar 09-11-2012 05:16 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2