Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
-   -   white pus coming from rasbora gill. (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/white-pus-coming-rasbora-gill-109316/)

nawilson89 08-01-2012 03:59 PM

white pus coming from rasbora gill.

anyone know what it maybe? my parameters are normal. they haven't changed in months.

nawilson89 08-01-2012 04:57 PM

1. What is the size of your tank?
29 Gallon

2. What are your water parameters? State the brand of test kit used.
I don't have a test kit, i get my water tested at my LPS it hasn't changed in months.

3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water?
freshwater

4. How long the aquarium has been set up?
3-4 months.

5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
Platy and Rasbora. a total of 15 fish all together. have been in the tanks since cycling was finished 3-4months ago.

6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
first fish added all together.

7. What temperature is the tank water currently?
77 degrees

8. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
yes.

9. What filter are you using? State brand, maintenance routine and power capacity.
marineland penguin 200g.

10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)?
nope.

11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? What is your lighting schedule (assuming you do not rely on sunlight for our viewing pleasure)?
no natural sunlight. tank light is on 10hrs a day

12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate?
20% a week. today was my last water change and no i dont vacuum up the sand.

13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule?
freeze dried tubifex and blood worms. crispers, granules and frozen brine shimp. fed once a day. brine shrimp once a week. freeze dried foods once every 3 days.

14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish?
just a mass like puss outside of the single rasbora. no other fish is acting any differently.

15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis.
No diagnosis at this moment.

Pearl2011 08-01-2012 09:11 PM

Could you get a picture of it? It might be gill flukes, I think there white. I would wait until someone more experienced gets here, though.

nawilson89 08-01-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pearl2011 (Post 1181027)
Could you get a picture of it? It might be gill flukes, I think there white. I would wait until someone more experienced gets here, though.

I've tried to get pictures even before i posted but he likes to look only ONE way and wont turn xD

Pearl2011 08-02-2012 01:15 PM

Mine do that to! I just feed them and it is easier to see there side.