Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   New 10 gal. (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/new-10-gal-10921/)

Madebroken626 01-15-2008 10:35 PM

New 10 gal.

Hello, I have a 10 gallon tank with 1 angel fish,1 black skirt tetras and 2 ghost shrimp. I don't have ANY decorations in it. I'm going to get some soon. But i just wanted to know how i should go about putting the decorations in the take? Should i do it when i'm changing 25% of the water, Do i add anything to make it safe for the tank, Do i need to rinse it off before i put it in the tank? I'm just confused with all this stuff. 1 other question...When i change 25% of the water every 2 weeks should i add anything to make the water safe? :?:

Madebroken626 01-15-2008 11:08 PM

Typed take instead of tank

Tank*

TrashmanNYC 01-15-2008 11:56 PM

Re: New 10 gal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madebroken626
Hello, I have a 10 gallon tank with 1 angel fish,1 black skirt tetras and 2 ghost shrimp. I don't have ANY decorations in it. I'm going to get some soon. But i just wanted to know how i should go about putting the decorations in the take? Should i do it when i'm changing 25% of the water, Do i add anything to make it safe for the tank, Do i need to rinse it off before i put it in the tank? I'm just confused with all this stuff. 1 other question...When i change 25% of the water every 2 weeks should i add anything to make the water safe? :?:

you should be using something to remove the chlorine and metals when you add new water..........very important........
I use Tetra AquaSafe.......

Madebroken626 01-16-2008 03:09 PM

OK thank you for your response. Should i add it to the water before i put the water in the tank? .... and What about when i add decorations to my tank? Like fake plants or ornaments, Should i put anything in the tank then?:oops:

jeaninel 01-16-2008 06:08 PM

I always add the dechlorinator to the fresh water before I add it to the tank. I use Tetra AquaSafe too.

As far as fake plants and decor just a quick rinse off should be fine as long as the decor is made for aquariums.

SST 01-16-2008 06:10 PM

You can add the decorations and plants whenever is convenient for you. Might be easier when the water level is lower. I use API Stress Coat Fish and Tap water conditioner.

Madebroken626 01-16-2008 07:20 PM

Ok Thank you all so much! You've helped me alot, Hopefully i can get the hang of all this aquarium stuff. :)

TrashmanNYC 01-16-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madebroken626
Ok Thank you all so much! You've helped me alot, Hopefully i can get the hang of all this aquarium stuff. :)

it will come to you.....just keep on reading.......

MattD 01-17-2008 11:43 AM

An angelfish will get far too large for your 10 gallon. As a juvenile it may be all right, but it will quickly outgrow the tank. They get big, fast.

good luck.