Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Newbie Again ....... (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/newbie-again-108619/)

wacky 07-26-2012 01:05 AM

Newbie Again .......

I am a newbie, again .... after a 25 year absence from the Aquatic Hobby .... as you can imagine, I have gone BONKERS over the vast information available on the internet .... thank you guys for allowing me to obtain great ideas and info to make my aquatic experience the best it can be ..... If my wife doesn't kick me, my shrimp, fish and plants out of the house, I look forward to many years of fun and pleasure .... Thanks and HI to everyone!!!

Romad 07-26-2012 04:33 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

It is pretty amazing what's available to us now as far as information. Remember the days when you bought a tank, filled it with fish, and watched them die off one at a time? Ugh!

wacky 07-26-2012 06:41 AM

Yes ...... give me some florescent gravel, a sunken treasure chest that opened to reveal an over sized pearl that let out bubbles or the big pink oyster that also have the big pearl & air bubbles, we had both, 2 guppies, 1 catfish, 1 molly, 2 swordfish, 1 angelfish (black & silver striped), 3 plastic (1 green, 1 purple, and 1 pink) plants, and a corner box filter and air pump ....... Wow take me back to 1976 ..... Oh, and I forgot ... if you were real hip ... you had a skin diver or submarine (bright blue of course) that roam freely around your 10gal tank until it uprooted your plants and harassed your fish to death ... well that is if they survived the fact that you didn't know to cycle your tank, and of course if you had a booklet on setting up a home aquarium, you differently were not going to bother to read it ..... cause how hard could it be ..... Wow .... I think my next tank will be an old school tank .... just like in 1976 ... well I will at least cycle the new .... thanks for the help in jogging the old knoggin' and helping me to remember the "Good Ole Days" ..... well at least I think they were!!! have a blessed day and keep those arms and elbows wet!!!

Hailfire 07-26-2012 12:19 PM

Welcome to the forum

wacky 07-26-2012 12:22 PM

& Brimstone!!!

Thanks Hailfire ...... I am diff enjoying the forum ..... but I wished now I would have choose Brimstone instead of wacky ...... LOL .... by the way the nickname is cool .... well, maybe hot!!! Hey it is not a bug if you been doin' since 90 ..... it is terminal!!!

Hailfire 07-27-2012 09:33 PM

Terminal Maybe, but loads of fun on the way at least :)

wacky 07-28-2012 11:29 AM

You are right .... I wake up every day thinking about how to change my aquariums or make them better or put up a new tank, LOL!!!

eaturbyfill 08-03-2012 02:55 AM

Welcome!

wacky 08-03-2012 10:31 AM

Thanks for all the kind words of welcome!!!

Darkknight20 08-03-2012 10:41 PM

Hi :-) and welcome to the forum