Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Monster Fish Keepers forum under attack, need our help (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/monster-fish-keepers-forum-under-attack-108607/)

Aqua Jon 07-25-2012 10:19 PM

Monster Fish Keepers forum under attack, need our help

IMPORTANT !

Hello everyone,
Long time no swim, I know!

Many of you may know or should know of a ridiculous cease and desist letter sent to another fish forum Monster Fish Keepers. Now the biggest fish I've every owned totaled in length at about 4 inches (Sword Tail), so I rarely go to the site, here is my home. But this goes beyond hobbyist preference.

Monster Energy Drink is flat out bullying the online fish forum. They have some signatures, but I think more would help show a strong stance from aquarist everywhere.

Here is the link to the change.org petition.
Petition | Monster Energy Company: Stop Trademark Bullying MonsterFishKeepers.com! | Change.org

- Aqua Jon

P.S. Hello everybody! :D

Romad 07-26-2012 05:00 AM

Hey who are you exactly?? :jester:

That is completely ridiculous. I could understand (maybe) if the logos were the same but they don't look anything alike.

Chesh 07-26-2012 06:01 AM

This was also posted in the Capital Cichlid Association website. . . I agree, it IS ridiculous!

Here is a copy of the Email that CCA sent out:

Quote:

Monster Fish Keepers is under attack by Monster Energy.
They are being told they cannot use the word Monster, the letter M, or the color Green or Black.

I don't know about you, but I can tell the difference between an energy drink and a fish.
There are only 26 letters in the English language how can we be restricted from using one of them.

MFK does a lot for our club.
The owner is a CCA member.
They provide us web space and this forum.
They have provided us with the means to have our great give aways.
They provided the shirts for the convention last year.

If you have not, please take the time to go the web site. Support MonsterFishKeepers
Sign the petition. Send an email. Then go to Monster Energy's facebook page and let them know how you feel. Our posts are still there. You just click all and you can see them.
If we all posted on there once per day we could let our feelings be known.

Again thank you for your time in this matter. Without MFK this club and forum would not be what it is today.
*shakes head*

They SHOULD be in partnership or something. We NEED our energy drinks to stay up all night watching our fish. . . or something. . . right!?

Aqua Jon 07-26-2012 10:07 AM

Romad to you I say Ni :-P hahaha

And I agree Chesherca, it would have been better PR for them to partner with someone who shares the concept of extreme rather than try to stamp out everyone around them as if they were the sole genius inventors of the letter M, the word Monster, or the colors black and green.

thekoimaiden 07-30-2012 04:19 PM

I actually saw this in the signature of another member. I signed and wholly support this. You can't own the letter M.

Olympia 07-30-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekoimaiden (Post 1177912)
You can't own the letter M.

Hahahahaha so true! Poor monster fish keepers, I don't even get how the energy drink people FOUND them. Like, such a tiny look nook in the world.