Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Cichlids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/)
-   -   Finally Pictures! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/finally-pictures-108299/)

Brandonl87 07-23-2012 08:53 AM

Finally Pictures!

4 Attachment(s)
I know not as good as yalls but its a iphone camera :oops:. Im not good with finding a nice camera so any tips on that would be good;-). But heres a few from the Cichlid Tank i set up lil over 4 months ago. With the help of everyone here. theres 5 Aceis, 3 Red Zebras, 2 electric labs, 2 cobalt blues, 2( sorry forgot the name) but the OB Zebras i think? look like electric labs but white and a black strip on the top fin. I know its not a good ratio but im going to fix them when they mature some more. So far from just being agessive tank i lost a couple yellow labs that were smaller and 2 zebras. The other tank is my wifes 55 bowfront. Currently with one parrot fish and a few rainbow fish. the rainbows will be moving to the new tank. still on the look for a good 125+ tank for the mbuna. I quickly stopped the building of the plywood tank didnt get to far besides ordering the glass then taking it back. So if anyones in the florida area with a big tank for sale 8-). The stand with the new 55 on it isnt done so :P. just wanted a picture of the tank on it got a little bored before work today

Chesh 07-26-2012 12:29 PM

Interesting tank setup you have there!

Brandonl87 07-26-2012 01:56 PM

Thanks, i wish i could do more realistic but cant find any good rocks that are big enough.

Chesh 07-26-2012 02:13 PM

I've never seen it done this way before, though - the bricks have their own kind of charm! Have you checked into garden shops/landscape yards? They have the same type of rocks there as they do at the fish stores only FAR less expensive - and they have lots more to choose from. People often use these to create paths through their gardens and such. Either way - interesting setup! Good job with what was on-hand, I'd say!

Brandonl87 07-26-2012 02:40 PM

Ive tried a few different landscaping places before with no luck. Even home depot and Lowes. But ty :).

SeaHorse 07-26-2012 02:54 PM

I too am not put off by the bricks. I like it. I'm thinking tho a few more caves in between, maybe put a couple on their side to create home hiding spaces.
Good job!

Brandonl87 07-26-2012 03:09 PM

Good idea :-)

Brandonl87 07-26-2012 03:16 PM

Well its getting a remodel :twisted:, I found a 125gal. tank to replace this 55gal one8-) so any input on how to rearrange them ?. stand them up on end kinda?

Tazman 07-26-2012 09:03 PM

Be vary careful how you go about stocking the extra fish you will get. Some could create a big problem if not stocked in the correct ratio and some are incompatible with what you have.

When changing the tank over, fish into pails and then empty all the water out. Move the substrate into a pail as well if you have to setup the 125g after moving the 55g tank. If you are setting up the 125g in a different place, move all the substrate to the new tank and add the new stuff you will need. Move the filters over, they will be good out of water for a short length of time. Fill the 125g up and get the filters and heaters going straight away.

Planning ahead is the key and it is really is not that hard. Do not stand a tank on its edge unless it is in a protective cardboard shipping case, it can damage them by putting stress on the joints.

Brandonl87 07-26-2012 09:59 PM

Im actually keeping the same fish no additions just yet i kinda of just want to have my current ones in a bigger tank. So should i just use new sand or mix new sand with the existing sand ?
Posted via Mobile Device