Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   What would you do if you won the lottery? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/what-would-you-do-if-you-1081/)

SimplySplendid 10-27-2006 05:20 PM

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Say you won $50 million from the lotto. What would you do?

50 million...I can't even think of how much that really is :blink:

To start with, I would buy a slightly larger house (so I'd have more room for tanks) and I'd get atleast 2 55 gallon freshies (to start with) and a 90 gallon salt for my dad. Possibly a 15 gallon salt for me :mrgreen: I'd buy a car for my sister, new cars for my parents. My parents could quit their jobs. I would have a greenhouse in my backyard (mostly for orchids :love: ) I would also have an aviary, with canaries and finches. I'd get a pond/water garden, possibly about 5,000 gallons (with koi of course :wink2: ) Oh goodness, I'll stop there.

What would you do? Be creative! :D

Amphitrite 10-27-2006 05:29 PM

Okay. I would buy myself a bigger house, a new place for my parents and pay off my family's mortgages.

Then I would take one VERY long trip down the LFS.

THEN.... Nepal and Everest Base Camp here I come!!! :D

Rebecca 10-27-2006 05:43 PM

Oh this is hard. Hmmm...
Well, I'd put most of it in the bank so it can collect interest. Then I'd buy a car, probably an SUV of some sort. I would rent myself an apartment until I got married, at which time I would buy us a house to raise a family in. My kids could have a pet of thier choice; I'm sure they'd start out with rats or hamsters or something. Eventually they could have aquariums or puppies whenever they are old enough. (I would have 3 75-gal freshwaters. That way I can house many different types of fish. I bet I would get a puppy too.)
I would be able to visit my family in Wisconsin whenever I wanted and they could come out here as well. Ummm... Brie actually said most of what I would want to do... :roll:

Bristle nose 10-27-2006 07:17 PM

:D I would buy as many L-numbers as i could and then put them all in there own seperate 6 foot fish tank, and then start up a LFS dedicated to L-numbers!

joeshmoe 10-27-2006 07:21 PM

my walls would be made out of fish tanks :P so many plecos u would think your in sea world.!!! :roll: open five fish stores :P and a car

jinithith2 10-27-2006 07:38 PM

since my money expenditures are controlled by my parents to some degree anyway (no ridicule plz), I'd throw it into a bank and let it sit for a coupla years just to collect interest... then when I become independent, anything my parents wish for, anything I wish for, and maybe something little that my friends wish for :D

definately a large house with a huge room devoted to fish, and thosands of RC airplanes...(I always liked the looks of a Funtana...maybe a sukhoi, Stryker C would be fine... a coupla aerobirds for dogfighting...)

Amphitrite 10-27-2006 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinithith2
since my money expenditures are controlled by my parents to some degree anyway (no ridicule plz), I'd throw it into a bank and let it sit for a coupla years just to collect interest... then when I become independent, anything my parents wish for, anything I wish for, and baybe something little that my friends wish for :D

No ridicule from me. That's a very good idea.

Hmm, I wonder what two years interest would be on 50 million dollars.

A fair wee sum I should think :D

Lupin 10-27-2006 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katherine73

She spoke it again.:roll: Is that your trademarked word?:bluelaugh:

Amphitrite 10-27-2006 07:46 PM

Scottish term.

joeshmoe 10-27-2006 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katherine73
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinithith2
since my money expenditures are controlled by my parents to some degree anyway (no ridicule plz), I'd throw it into a bank and let it sit for a coupla years just to collect interest... then when I become independent, anything my parents wish for, anything I wish for, and baybe something little that my friends wish for :D

No ridicule from me. That's a very good idea.

Hmm, I wonder what two years interest would be on 50 million dollars.

i think the irs would be all over u if your puting it all into the bank :shock: