Tropical Fish Keeping banner

75 gallon tank start up.... want green spotted puffers eventually!

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jmlampert23 
#1 ·
I just got a 75 gallon tank and stand and am looking for advice for the best set up. I've had tanks before, but nothing bigger than 30 gallon. Obviously, this is more complicated. I haven't purchased anything for it yet, it's just sitting in the family room. Eventually I want 2 green spotted puffers, but want to make sure everything is ready before I buy them. Advice welcome and greatly appreciated!

#3 ·
Eventually I want 2 green spotted puffers, but want to make sure everything is ready before I buy them. Advice welcome and greatly appreciated!
Well from what i rememebr about them they are brackish fish, Even though many pet stores sell them as freshwater fish, they are not by any means. When keeping your puffers, you must be sure to have some salt in the water to keep them alive.

Puffers are pretty hearty but require some basic care that need to be addressed. Puffers can even survive in fresh water for some time, but in fresh water, they won't thrive and will eventually die.

IUf you want to read more about them from where i found my info then check out this website Green Spotted Puffer Fish

#5 ·
Green Spotter Puffers are brackish fish but you want to introduce salt into the aquarium slowly. The store has them in freshwater so over a several days you should introduce salt to raise the salinity or else you'll shock the puffers and kill them.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.