Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   bamboo shrimp video +tank update :) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/bamboo-shrimp-video-tank-update-107436/)

dlambert 07-15-2012 09:14 PM

bamboo shrimp video +tank update :)

2 Attachment(s)
updated picture of my 29g and pic and video of my new bamboo shrimp posted up on the pump inlet :) i redirected the flow in my sump so that it would go directly over a java moss wall so that he could sit in the moss but he still chooses the pump inlet.. haha :)

fishlover1138 08-25-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlambert (Post 1156773)
updated picture of my 29g and pic and video of my new bamboo shrimp posted up on the pump inlet :) i redirected the flow in my sump so that it would go directly over a java moss wall so that he could sit in the moss but he still chooses the pump inlet.. haha :)

video

great tank. it looks amazing.

dlambert 08-25-2012 01:20 PM

Thanks! :) heh.. it is completely different now. My LFS happily took my grown up jewels and barbs and gave me a store credit.. the tank is now heavily planted and i have a small senegalus and a geo. Tapajos. The shrimp are doing well and there is a ghost shrimp and "cleaner" shrimp in the sump now as well.. and a huge ball of java moss instead of other plants in the sump.
Posted via Mobile Device

Olympia 08-25-2012 01:21 PM

AH! He's so cute! :-) Looks like a huge guy.

dlambert 08-25-2012 01:26 PM

=) he is BRIGHT red now that he has settled in.. maybe i'll post another tank update. I haven't been cruzin the forems lately :P
Posted via Mobile Device

Sanguinefox 08-25-2012 08:42 PM

Aww, he's darling. I've only ever seen these once at a pet shop but seeing yours makes me want one even more. :3

Sqbear46 08-25-2012 11:35 PM

Awesome tank!

dlambert 09-01-2012 12:06 PM

tank update

my tank as of this morning. i think i will get more rummynose tetras.. there were 5 but my senegalus got to them their first night. the two have been fine for a week now, i think the others were not as active from being stressed by moving, and ended up laying low which is where the hungry poly is.

I took out that giant piece of driftwood :( i loved it but it took up a LOT of floor space. when i get a longer tank it'll be back :) the wood in there is a cave- completely hollow tube, that i got from a local river and cut to size.

Kelly100 09-04-2012 11:27 PM

the Bamboo Shrimp is SOOOO CUTE !!!! By the way..... I LOVE THE SONG !! It appears that the little fella falls off at the very end ! hahhahaa

dlambert 09-05-2012 12:32 PM

ha yea he's funny.. and i thought the music suited him :)