Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Cichlids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/)
-   -   My 2 New Additions - Chilotilapia Rhoadesii and Neolamprologus Tretpocephalus (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/my-2-new-additions-chilotilapia-rhoadesii-106322/)

Chinxican1978 07-05-2012 07:16 PM

My 2 New Additions - Chilotilapia Rhoadesii and Neolamprologus Tretpocephalus
 
4 Attachment(s)
Hello,
Here are my 2 new additions.
Chilotilapia Rhoadesii and Neolamprologus Tretpocephalus
What do you think?

Tazman 07-05-2012 09:19 PM

what size tank do you have as Chilotilapia Rhoadesii easily get to 12" long and Neolamprologus tretocephalus are extremely aggressive.

Bacon Is Good 07-05-2012 10:52 PM

Beuts

Chinxican1978 07-06-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tazman (Post 1142771)
what size tank do you have as Chilotilapia Rhoadesii easily get to 12" long and Neolamprologus tretocephalus are extremely aggressive.

Really??? My LFS sis not say anything about that. I have a 60g tank.
How long will it take for it to get that big?

Tazman 07-06-2012 11:06 PM

Depending on the size it is now, which I suspect is between 4-5" as it has the blue coloration already, it could be 2-3 years depending on their diet and how well they like their tank. They need at least a large cave to be happy in the tank.

Chinxican1978 07-06-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tazman (Post 1144421)
Depending on the size it is now, which I suspect is between 4-5" as it has the blue coloration already, it could be 2-3 years depending on their diet and how well they like their tank. They need at least a large cave to be happy in the tank.

He is only 2" right now. If he has that much color now, he should he should even more colorful as he matures.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chinxican1978 07-09-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tazman (Post 1142771)
what size tank do you have as Chilotilapia Rhoadesii easily get to 12" long and Neolamprologus tretocephalus are extremely aggressive.

I did not know that the Neolamprologus tretocephalus are carnivores.... Do you know if I can teach him to be a veggie eater? Or do you think I should take him out?

Tazman 07-09-2012 10:45 PM

They need the diet that is good for their health. If you cannot provide this then it unsuitable for your aquarium.

They may eat some veggies but overall it will NOT be good for them, they need the meat and proteins.

Chinxican1978 07-09-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tazman (Post 1147803)
They need the diet that is good for their health. If you cannot provide this then it unsuitable for your aquarium.

They may eat some veggies but overall it will NOT be good for them, they need the meat and proteins.

I can provide the right diet for them, but the herbervores will eat them as well. And I know it's not good for them.
From your experience should they be kept together?

Thank you for ur advice.

Tazman 07-09-2012 11:35 PM

Personally I would not keep the Neolamprologus tretocephalus unless it was in a species only large tank.

You would still need a large tank to keep the Chilotilapia Rhoadesii, at bare minimum 125g but over 180g is more suitable for them.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2