West Virginia and Snowing!
I thought I would slide over here and say hello. We live up in Charleston West Virginia and I am NOT a fan of the 17 degree day! = )
We had both kept freshwater fish off and on throughout our lives. Currently, we have the following tanks:
1. 30 Gallon Community Freshwater- This was our first and is still our baby. It has three red wag platies, two mollies, two black skirt tetras, a danio (we are getting friends for it again soon) a blue gourami (AKA Big Blue) and a common pleco (who will be moved when he gets bigger.
2. 20 Gallon Freshwater- One Blue Gourami, a pleco (small) and two soon-to-be relocacted Silver Dollars
3. 125 Gallon Freshwater- Cycling- We have four Silver Dollars in here now. Will be adding the other two silver dollars. We are wanting some rainbow fish, angels, and possibly a black ghost knife for this tank.
4. 30 Gallon Saltwater- We got this last week and are rehabbing it right now as it was neglected pretty bad. Currently, only has live rock and live sand. After a few months or so, we want to add a couple clown fish, a goby, and some snails. I would really love to hear ideas on this tank as we have never worked with saltwater before and it was given to us when we bought another tank.
5. 75 Gallon- Currently Empty. It is being delivered tonight!! :D
Thanks so much for reading my post. I love this site. It is so informatinal and I have gotten many different ideas.
Hi Cassie, welcome to the forum. It's good to have you here :)
That's quite a collection of tanks you have there!
We are still reeling with the addition of the last two tanks. It was not planned, but it was at a price that we would have kicked ourselves for some time. We have lucked into finding some used aquariums in excellent condition. If anyone is considering purchasing a new tank, look at the classified sections in the paper, radio, or craigslist. They can have some great finds!
We are, most likely, going to take down the 20 gallon and/or use it as a hospital tank.
I hope to put some pics of our tanks up tomorrow to share "the kids" with everyone. :)
Look forward to seeing the pics :D
hay there welcome,
hope you enjoy your stay.i look forward to seeing pics. :)
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you as a member. Many of my larger tanks purchased at bargain basement prices. Some were complete set ups. I'm in the dog house now for purchasing a 280 gallon setup. All of the pumps, filters, gravel, decorations, plants, and a few fish. I'm still shaking just talking about it. Momma is mad, but she'll get over it. I already have.
Here are a few pictures of our new 125 gallon. enjoy!
Front of the Tank. The Silver Dollars love swimming in and out of the holes. They are like pint-size "Jaws"
Back side of the tank. We were wanting the feel of a sunken, abandoned ship with plants growing all around it and it becomes lost to memory. Right after we took this pic, I put the Bio Balls in the filters to get them out of sight.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.