Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   The Snow Thread. (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/snow-thread-10562/)

Falina 01-03-2008 09:31 AM

The Snow Thread.

As much as I scoff, sneer and scorn at the festivities at this time of the year, I can't help but love the snow that comes with it.

So, post here if you have snow.

I have snow! Woo! :)

Amphitrite 01-03-2008 09:34 AM

Is it heavy? Is the ground white yet?? We don't have it in the city centre - it was snowing a little bit earlier on but it's stopped now. :(

JouteiMike 01-03-2008 10:07 AM

We've had snow for quite a while. Last month we had a storm that dropped 12 inches on my town, and just this week we've had snow flurries and ice storms.

Falina 01-03-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kateyoup
Is it heavy? Is the ground white yet?? We don't have it in the city centre - it was snowing a little bit earlier on but it's stopped now. :(

It seems to be snowing more in the East (as usual mind you). I'm about 15 miles East of the city centre, and my mum and gran are further East yet (Bathgate) and they say it's pretty heavy. It wasn't heavy when I first posted but it's got quite heavy now and the ground is completely white. It's nice dry snow - the best kind, cause it lies! :)

willow 01-03-2008 10:36 AM

well it's trying to snow down here,but it's sort of
more like sleet.
if it does snow propper then i'll try and get some pics.

Mirta 01-03-2008 11:53 AM

I was in the country during the holidays. The whole season was dry and black - no evidence it would ever snow. On the New Year night, however it snowed lightly, the flakes stuck to the trees and formed white fairy-tale branches. Every single branch in the forest was white. I left my camera there, folks will bring it over and I'll post some pictures.

Lupin 01-03-2008 09:38 PM

Re: The Snow Thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falina
As much as I scoff, sneer and scorn at the festivities at this time of the year, I can't help but love the snow that comes with it.

Where are pics of snowman and snow angels?

Falina 01-04-2008 08:42 AM

Re: The Snow Thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupin
Quote:

Originally Posted by Falina

Where are pics of snowman and snow angels?

Snowmen and snowangels would fall into the festivities category I'm afraid.

Amphitrite 01-04-2008 09:31 AM

Hmmm... I suppose they would :lol:

When I was a kid, we used to go up to the top of the campsies (local hills) and make an ice slide going down the steepest hill we could find. Then we'd climb to the top, climb into a black bin bag and slide to the bottom. We must have gone down there at some speed, and I'm sure it was highly dangerous - but it was so much fun!

willow 01-04-2008 10:12 AM

well looks like we are not getting any snow after all,
don't know if to laugh or cry.
so a memory instead.
we used to go to the local park,and slide down the hill
on a tray,mannnnnnn we got up some speed. :D