Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
-   -   OH MY GOD!!! IT CRACKED (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/oh-my-god-cracked-10549/)

GThiele113 01-02-2008 08:17 PM

OH MY GOD!!! IT CRACKED

Im sitting on the mattress and all of a..CRACK..WOOOOSOSHSHHHHHHH
I tear open the cabinet and see all this water gushing out, i grabbed towels and buckets and did my best to save everything i could i moved all my fish to a tiny 10 gallon that has a 70G filter and a 10G filter on it. I run back and siphon out the rest of the water with a giant hose or 2. I clean out the rocks and i examine the bottom. And theres a huge crack in a arch acroos the foward part of the bootom of the tank.

Theory: In my 125 gallon that I bought used was originally going to be a turtle tank, so I bought ALOT of 1-2inch river rock so the turtles wont eat it. Anyway the tank had bulkhead in the bottom and the tank wasnt leveled on the stand. the bottom wasnt sitting correctly either. All together 120pd of river rock and the tanks unstablilty made it crack and flood my living room. It will be cheaper just to buy a new tank than get it fixed.

All my fishes (go look at my tank in the aquarium log) are now in a 10gallon. IT SO BAD! I threw in alot of loose plants and empty glass jars for hiding places to keep the aggress. down O'man im in for a hell of a week.

What should i do, right now im so mad i cant even spell or type correctly

:evil:

any advice?

how much does a new 125 gallon long go for or 72-18-24

herefishy 01-02-2008 10:49 PM

You are probably looking at spending around $300 or so for a new tank. A complete set up including base will set you back anywhere from $500-$1200, just depends. I bought a 125g about 1 1/2 years ago, brand new. Base, tank and hoods cost about $500. With all of the goodies, I have around $1200 in it. No fish included.

Lindsey88 01-02-2008 11:00 PM

omg that is terrible. I can't help you on price or anything but is it possible to put the fish in one of those large plastic storage containers temporarily until you can get a new tank that way they would have more room.

johnmaloney 01-03-2008 08:46 PM

Try your local craigslist.com for used tanks, save everything you can to reduce the need to cycle, that means the decorations and everything should be kept in freshwater. A rubbermaid bin can house fish, you just wont see them, if properly filtered and cycled...(the bacteria hasn't dried has it?) If it doesn't look like you can save them, your LFS will usually buy them back, and then you can repurchase them when you are back on your feet.

Hope everything works out.

GThiele113 01-03-2008 10:31 PM

Its going good i havent found a tank yet. I'v been out all day looking

SST 01-04-2008 09:14 AM

My local craigslist usually has several large tanks for sale. You can also post in the wanted section.

Good luck!

GThiele113 01-16-2008 07:32 PM

Ok sorry its been so long but time for an update!
I got a tank for $350 took me about 2 weeks to get it and get it set up.
I skipped cycling because I had my biowhell going the entire time in my ten gallon and I think I managed to seed the tank and had no problems. Im going to start restocking soon