Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Had to share (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/had-share-105050/)

Varkolak 06-23-2012 04:37 AM

Had to share

This is hilarious xD, read the full description while you want the video

Uploaded by memutic on May 10, 2010
Hideous parasitic larva Ottoia hæmophaga collected in the Dolores River in Stoner, Colorado attempts to gain entry through the skin of my palm. The smallest cut is enough for it to tunnel its way in with hooked rasps on its mandibles. Then it will make its way into my lymphatic system, ending up in my spleen, where red blood cells are destroyed when they start to get old. Ottoia situates itself in the spleen and consumes colossal amounts of destroyed blood. This parasite can swell to an astounding 343mm and can take up to three years to pupate. Once the worm has attained a threshold size, it chews into the large intestine and defecates, releasing a mild toxin. The host's colon immediately evacuates the toxin and the worm with it. It then crawls into a low, wet space and builds a tough fibrous cocoon. Over the course of a few weeks, its body liquefies, then small paired plates of tissue called imaginal discs activate in each segment. The discs instruct the liquid tissue to re-build itself into a chitinous, segmented creature with ten legs, two sets of antennae, and gills. If you're still reading this, I hope you've realized it's a joke. This is actually a cranefly larva, probably Hexatoma, who blundered into my net in the Dolores River in Stoner, Colorado, April 1, 2010.

kathymalaspina 06-23-2012 05:27 AM

Wow

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varkolak (Post 1126784)
This is hilarious xD, read the full description while you want the video

Parasitic Stoner Worm tries to burrow into my hand - YouTube

Uploaded by memutic on May 10, 2010
Hideous parasitic larva Ottoia hæmophaga collected in the Dolores River in Stoner, Colorado attempts to gain entry through the skin of my palm. The smallest cut is enough for it to tunnel its way in with hooked rasps on its mandibles. Then it will make its way into my lymphatic system, ending up in my spleen, where red blood cells are destroyed when they start to get old. Ottoia situates itself in the spleen and consumes colossal amounts of destroyed blood. This parasite can swell to an astounding 343mm and can take up to three years to pupate. Once the worm has attained a threshold size, it chews into the large intestine and defecates, releasing a mild toxin. The host's colon immediately evacuates the toxin and the worm with it. It then crawls into a low, wet space and builds a tough fibrous cocoon. Over the course of a few weeks, its body liquefies, then small paired plates of tissue called imaginal discs activate in each segment. The discs instruct the liquid tissue to re-build itself into a chitinous, segmented creature with ten legs, two sets of antennae, and gills. If you're still reading this, I hope you've realized it's a joke. This is actually a cranefly larva, probably Hexatoma, who blundered into my net in the Dolores River in Stoner, Colorado, April 1, 2010.

OMG thats just gross...lol

Varkolak 06-23-2012 05:29 AM

I loved it, great sense of humor on whoever posted it but that little guy really looks like it could be an internal parasite just waiting to dig into you :lol:

Romad 06-23-2012 06:44 AM

Ha ha ha :) The title alone is hilarious. Thanks for the early morning chuckle.