Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Peek A Boo! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/peek-boo-104935/)

BridgieB 06-21-2012 11:11 PM

Peek A Boo!

Greetings!

Newbie to this community just wanted to say hello! Hi! Hello! ;-)

Hmm... where to start? lol

As a child i enjoyed having simple small tanks, goldfish, tetra's ect, nothing to fancy or difficult.

As a teenager my sister's neighbor went to jail, he had a 30 some gallon tank with 6 large Angelfish in it, at the time i had'nt had a tank in a couple of years and had never had angels but being an animal creature lover i said i'd take them. When i went to rescue them you could not see through the tank. I could'nt see the fish at all, the water conditions were beyond terrible and i was actually very scared i was just gonna pull out dead fish, but they were fighter's clinging on to their life. One did die within the first few weeks of me saving them and then another had died in the same year, but the other's i had for many years after, into my adulthood. I loved them so dearly, i think i just have a way or connection honestly to angels in particular. Anyway during the time of having them i also had some other large goldfish tanks and some other smaller community tanks but mainly focused on my angels. Eventually like all things my time with them came to end after the last died off and i didnt have any tanks for years after that.

My neighbor had a 29 gallon he was going to throw away recently, and i thought well, i will take the tank and get myself some more angels, and so I did! So basically i find myself this time diving even more into my fish then before, it's nice to have the internet and so many ways to research and learn and refresh myself with.

So here i am! That's my story and i'm sticking to it!

Chesh 06-22-2012 08:45 AM

That's a good story! Welcome to the forum!

BridgieB 06-22-2012 04:50 PM

Thanks! I'm excited to be here! To learn and make new friends!

Romad 06-23-2012 06:56 AM

Hi Bridgie :wave:

It's amazing what awful conditions some fish can adapt to isn't it? Welcome to the forum - we're glad you found us.

BridgieB 06-23-2012 11:23 AM

Hello! Thanks!

Ya know Romad, it is amazing actually.... i should of took pictures when i first got the fish tank and all. I think the fish had been in the tank for some time with no care until they were found. I will stress again, the tank had no visibility, water was murky green and stunk terribly. I did not know what the fish looked like or how big they were at all, and i really thought i was just gonna pull out dead fish. When i finally saw them, I was so surprised, delighted and again horrified. Surprised how big they were, delighted how beautiful they were, & horrified again at the water conditions i found them in. I think i was their angel that day.

Romad 06-23-2012 11:45 AM

Yes, you were :angel: I'm glad they have a good home now.

willow 06-23-2012 03:58 PM

hello and welcome. :-D

LyzzaRyzz 06-23-2012 05:03 PM

Wow..What a great start into fish keeping. =]
This site has everything youll need!

BridgieB 06-23-2012 08:16 PM

Hi Willow & LyzzaRyzz! Thanks for the welcome! Yes, whenever i have some spare time, i've been looking over threads, just soaking it all in! It's kinda like...... where to start... lol. So i've been a little here, there and everywhere, i think. Also enjoy looking at other pics and aquariums!

willow 06-24-2012 05:29 AM

i normally grab a coffee when i know i'm signing in,because
i know i'm going to be a while. lol