New Guppy with mouth issue[growth?], not eating. Diagnosis?
1. Size of tank? 10 gallons
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? 10ppm
d. pH, KH and GH? ph: 7, kh and gh, not sure, waiting for answer
e. Test kit? API Master kit
3. Temperature? 77
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? Freshwater
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? two months
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
I just bought them yesterday, this is a quarantine tank. there were four males and five females. one male died, and the one im concerned about it male. I have separated him into a clear tub to separate him. they are all about an inch.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? this is the quarantine.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? there are fake plants, and a lava stone with green hair algea that udea to be in my shrimp tank
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? bare bottom
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
9. a. Filtration? a ten gallon sponge
b. Heater? yes, unadjustable
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? lamp light.
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? about ten hours a day
11. a. Water change schedule? vaccum the bottom every day, big w/c every two days of 20%
b. Volume of water changed? see above
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? treated tap water
d. Water conditioner used? api stress coat.
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? every day!
12. Foods? Tetra tropical granules
How often are they fed? i didnt feel them yesterday, because of the big change, but i noticed when i fed them a few granules today, and thought he was just waiting til the rush was over, and i saw his mouth when i went in to feed a few more pieces.
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Actually, a first glance, he is in perfect health! Swimming nicely, no marks on his body, no fin rot. I noticed something was wrong when i was feeding them, and he didnt chase any food. Next time, i put food right above him, and it sinks, and he had no interest at all. I noticed then that his mouth didnt move at all. and looking closer, i saw a single, very very small clearish thread coming from his mouth, about 3 cm long. I have been trying to get a good picture, but i can barely get a clear picture of just him! Im going to be looking for pictures online that resemble what i see.
b. Appearance of poop? Just separated him, so, ill know soon enough if he is pooping.
c. Appearance of gills? smooth, not discolored, no threads that i can see. will continue looking.
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? yes
b. What meds were used? I added some AQ salt, as is my method when i believe any fish is sick.
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
Sounds like a worm or parasite. Im not sure, thats what I got when I googled it.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.