Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   The Thoughts of an Oldtimer (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/thoughts-oldtimer-10449/)

herefishy 12-31-2007 01:55 PM

The Thoughts of an Oldtimer

In the human maturation process (growing older) one finds oneself pondering things more and more. Things that, in our youth, seem distant and meaningless. Maybe, we are realizing our time on Earth is becoming much more closer to an end.

Just sit down a moment and think about the past year as it comes to a close. Just what has it meant to you? What effect will it have on your life and the lives of those around you? What will the new year bring? Post here with your thoughts, dreams and comments. If you do not feel comfortable showing all, file them away in your own mind and heart for reflection.

Happy New Year, all. It's been a fun year.

jeaninel 12-31-2007 06:59 PM

Well for me this past year has been full of ups and downs.

On the downside, I lost my oldest brother to cancer last May. Our family has always been extremely close but this brought us a little closer together. The holiday times always allows me to reflect on how lucky I am to have such a loving and caring extended family. I have 2 sisters and (now 2) brothers left plus many nieces and nephews. And my mother is still alive and healthy. We keep in close touch and during the holidays we always have large family gatherings.

On the upside, My daughter graduated from high school and started college. I am so proud of her. I think she also landed her first job. She should be hearing back in the next couple days.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!

herefishy 12-31-2007 08:25 PM

I don't know if it is proper to answer my own post, but I am going to do so anyway.

This past year has been own of many questions, some answers, self reflection, watching as yet another generation grows up before my eyes. I have finally taken the dive into the 21st century full bore. I don't seem to do things any other way. New ultra computer, digital camera (I still have the high end Canon AE-1 with all of its gadgets in the closet), new flat screen TV, bought a digital video camera, started replacing all of my vinyl with cd's, became more internet savvy, learned alot more about ebay(spent more too. lol Still have the reel-to-reel, too), and celebrated my first full year on this site. I still listen to Jimmy Buffet, play all of the old standard rock and roll music I grew up with along with while learning some new stuff like Limp Biskit(lol).

Played with a philharmonic orchestra for the first time for a Christmas special here locally. I was truly flabbergasted when I received the invitation. Not that I didn't think that I couldn't play or anything. I am a classically trained guitar player. I just thought that I was in my own world, hiding from you all. I can't wait for the cd's to become available. And survived yet another year. All in all it's been an ok year. Lost my job, I think it's for the better. Maybe now, I can stop and smell the roses.

Amphitrite 01-01-2008 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herefishy
Played with a philharmonic orchestra for the first time for a Christmas special here locally.

Oh wow - I'm so jealous! That must have been absolutely incredible! When it comes out on CD you must send me a copy!!! :D

The past year has been a mixture of ups and downs for me - a lot has changed, a lot of it good change, some of it not so good. It's amazing how much faster the time seems to go as you get older, it only seems like five minutes ago we were celebrating the arrival of 2007.

Anyway, best wishes for the New Year to everyone - I hope it's a good 'un!

willow 01-01-2008 02:52 PM

appy new year to you all here.
a year of ups and downs,and like herefishy,got the hold of ebay,
spent far to much money,but when you see your
grandson enjoing his Choochoo trains,well what can you say.:)
i have enjoyed spending time here with everyone,and chatting to
new people.
look forward to speaking to lots more people from around the world.
there are plently of deep thoughts that i have,however they are
for a corner of my mind,so i don't depress anyone else. lol :)