Setting up silent planted tank w/hidden equipment
If you were setting up this type of tank, how would you do it? What kind of equipment would you use? Which brands and why? What kind of light, what kind of filter, what kind of CO2 system, what kind of substrate, etc.
- 90 gallon freshwater tank
- Heavily planted
- Completely silent, I don't even want to hear humming
- High light + CO2 injection so I can have fast-growing plants and more plant choices
- No tank background (It will be in front of a SW window and I like to see the sunlight on the plants)
- Filter, equipment, heater, wires etc hidden as much as possible (which will be more difficult because of the lack of background)
That is what I want but I am a newbie and barely know where to start. I think I might need a sump to hide the equipment but I don't know how to set that up. I'm willing to spend about $1500 on this tank (total ... tank/stand, equipment, plants, fish, substrate, etc.) The tank and stand I want costs about $500 so that leaves $1000 for the rest of it.
Canister filter, Inline heater, inline CO2 diffusor, pressurized CO2, high end power compact flourescent lighting, Visotherm Stealth heater.
As for the chances of having a totally quiet tank. The only way I can think of doing it to even have a chance is to put the filter in a cabinet that is very solid. The lighitng needs to be top end and vented really well because a fan will make at least a little noise unless you get some of the best lighting around or get lucky.
Best of luck, I am sure it can be done but it will be a challenge.
thanks!! I didn't even know that you could put a canister filter in the cabinet! :oops: now I know what to start googling... thank you!
Add Power sponge filters to the list or reverse flow ugf's.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2