Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
-   -   new poster in chiropractors office (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/new-poster-chiropractors-office-102238/)

marshallsea 05-22-2012 10:18 PM

new poster in chiropractors office

i was at my chiropractors appt. today. they had put up a new poster in an attempt to show the importance of chiropractor care over medication(pills). it said '' when your fish is sick you dont give him a pill, you change his water.'' that speaks volumes.

Hanky 05-22-2012 11:11 PM

interesting but a water change wont cure Ich

thekoimaiden 05-22-2012 11:50 PM

I would say this is partially true. You can't underestimate the importance of clean water in helping a fish recover from an illness, but it won't eradicate the disease entirely. But kudos to your chiropractor for espousing water changes in aquariums. There are still some people who don't believe they are necessary. :roll:

marshallsea 05-23-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanky (Post 1092196)
interesting but a water change wont cure Ich

clean water might keep fish from getting ill in the first place. at the first out of sign of problems i change water like its going out of style and problems seem to go away. knock on wood. and thats the chiropractors motto- it prevents problems. maybe the poster couldve been worded in another way

Hanky 05-23-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshallsea (Post 1092286)
clean water might keep fish from getting ill in the first place. at the first out of sign of problems i change water like its going out of style and problems seem to go away. knock on wood. and thats the chiropractors motto- it prevents problems. maybe the poster couldve been worded in another way

OOHHH I agree and I hope I didnt offend you, water changes are a great start and one of the best prevents of problems, just not a cure all. I think the poster was worded fine and thought it was funny, just wondering how many people who dont keep fish look at it and wonder what the heck it means. lol

marshallsea 05-23-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanky (Post 1092496)
OOHHH I agree and I hope I didnt offend you, water changes are a great start and one of the best prevents of problems, just not a cure all. I think the poster was worded fine and thought it was funny, just wondering how many people who dont keep fish look at it and wonder what the heck it means. lol

no offense at all hanky, thanks for provoking thought. i was stunned when i read it. i thought the same thing looking around at other people. it actually took me a few minutes to get my thoughts together. ive spent so much time in the last 6 weeks trying to learn all i can about fish and then to see the subject on the wall threw me for a loop.