Tropical Fish Keeping banner

My Nano Office Tank

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  stevenjohn21 
#1 ·
Decided to get a small tank for my office next to my desk. I think it came out pretty well considering the size.... now if only i could get the 125 gallon looking as good !

Ive been breeding marble crayfish at home so decided to put one of the babies in here (bottom right of the tank)

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow very cool! I am in the process of setting up a tank for my girlfriend and it's not looking nearly has good as yours does out of the gate! Excellent job!:-D

#7 ·
If you start a new thread with a pic, you'll get LOADS of advice! *grin*

Thank you For the comments , it's a 2.5 gallon ! It's like a doll house aquarium lol
Posted via Mobile Device
YAY! I love the 2.5's. Been looking for one - it is REALLY difficult to find a 2.5 in glass. I've found one, I *think* by Marineland, but it doesn't have a cover - and the shops never sell them!

You've done a great job with your 'dollhouse' tank - It'll be neat to see an update in a month or two! :thumbsup:

#9 ·
The marble crayfish will grow up to 3" and since they are self cloning it wont be long until she is having her own babies. The filter and sand has come from another tank in the house so its already established and is loaded with excess food for her scavenge for a few days .

Thanks again for all the comments. I was thinking about adding a diy c02 but i think that might be taking it too far LOL

#11 ·
Looks really good!

I thought about having a 5 gallon at my desk at work ... but too many unknowns. They turn off the heat/air conditioning after hours and on weekends so I've no idea what the building temperature is like throughout the year. I would be worried that it gets quite hot on the weekends during summer.

How quiet is that internal filter?

#14 ·
Looks really good!

I thought about having a 5 gallon at my desk at work ... but too many unknowns. They turn off the heat/air conditioning after hours and on weekends so I've no idea what the building temperature is like throughout the year. I would be worried that it gets quite hot on the weekends during summer.

I was going to put a betta in a 5 gallon but leaving a heater on over the weekend un attended was asking for trouble. Im going to put a sign on the tank saying "please dont clean my table with chemicals" as i know the cleaners would probably get something in the tank.

How quiet is that internal filter?
The filter is really quiet although i just got a Hagen mini elite underwater filter for a c02 diffuser at home and i think im going to get one for this tank. Its basically a powerhead and for its size it packs a punch !

I didn't know they got that big hmmm nor did I know they self clone! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yes they are all born female and follow the exact patterns from the mother, so they are identical. The self cloning part still gets me baffled.

Yeah I don't think you will need any C02 in there. If you see algae just cut back on the light. You are inspiring me to want to get a work tank now :blueshake: lol
Have you though about Dwarf Sag or something like that. It would look nice in that tank as it stays decently short so you can really work with it.
I was thinking of maybe carpeting the floor with HC or something similar, i used Sag on the left side to cover the filter. I want a planted tank but not so you cant see the crayfish. so something small and compact maybe addded in time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.