Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Tanked (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/tanked-101639/)

nags 05-16-2012 09:25 AM

Tanked

what do you guys think of the show tanked? Its a cool show but I am not sure I agree with everything the build to put fish in

Assault0137 05-16-2012 04:39 PM

tanked it a good show. some stuff doesn't make sense, but it is okay.

Stormfish 05-16-2012 08:07 PM

I've read about this show, but never seen it listed here in Canada. Boo! :(

EDIT: And I now see why. I don't subscribe to Animal Planet. Double boo!

Assault0137 05-16-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormfish (Post 1084095)
I've read about this show, but never seen it listed here in Canada. Boo! :(

EDIT: And I now see why. I don't subscribe to Animal Planet. Double boo!

look on youtube. you'll find some clips.
i have a friend from canada. his name is chuck.

fish monger 05-16-2012 09:04 PM

The tanks seem to be crammed with fish. I'm sure they have top of the line technology but, it just seems like they always put way too many fish in their tanks.

nags 05-16-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish monger (Post 1084215)
The tanks seem to be crammed with fish. I'm sure they have top of the line technology but, it just seems like they always put way too many fish in their tanks.

I agree they put a ton of fish in the tanks

Stormfish 05-16-2012 11:28 PM

Just watched Season 1; Ep. 1.

What the hell? They don't cycle their tanks? And filling marine tanks with tap water and throwing the fish in? AFAIK, marine takes a while to set up, not just an hour or two.

Also, that whole "mermaid show" at the hotel aquarium. My first thought was how they're contaminating the tank with shampoo, soap and detergent residues. :-?

nags 05-17-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormfish (Post 1084363)
Just watched Season 1; Ep. 1.

What the hell? They don't cycle their tanks? And filling marine tanks with tap water and throwing the fish in? AFAIK, marine takes a while to set up, not just an hour or two.

Also, that whole "mermaid show" at the hotel aquarium. My first thought was how they're contaminating the tank with shampoo, soap and detergent residues. :-?

yeah I don't know anything about salt water but I thought that was a little strange the way the just go form filling up the tank to dumping in fish

fish monger 05-17-2012 08:11 AM

After work, I think I'll check to see if there is a way to contact them and ask questions.

fish monger 05-18-2012 08:51 AM

I just sent an email to Wayde King, the CEO, asking how they deal with the issues we've brought up here. Who knows...we might get a reply. Stranger things have happened.