Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Things that really annoy me!!!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/things-really-annoy-me-101173/)

mattfishgeek 05-11-2012 03:13 PM

Things that really annoy me!!!!
 
working in aquatic reatail is here these phrases alot:
"if it dies we will get another one"
"hopefully we will keep this one alive"
"it doesnt matter its only a fish"
and many many more.............................................. ..
I need to let out my anger at these sort of sayings and just say how is it possible to get into these ignorant peoples heads that fish are living creatures that deserve a healthy and well cared for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rhymon78 05-11-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattfishgeek (Post 1077410)
working in aquatic reatail is here these phrases alot:
"if it dies we will get another one"
"hopefully we will keep this one alive"
"it doesnt matter its only a fish"
and many many more.............................................. ..
I need to let out my anger at these sort of sayings and just say how is it possible to get into these ignorant peoples heads that fish are living creatures that deserve a healthy and well cared for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its a sad state of affairs, the lack of knowledge and the idiocy of people is a dangerous combo! it seems as though unfortunately fish are deemed disposable, unlike fluffy pets. if it dies, ah well go back, get your money back or another fish to kill.

Obviously tonnes of us out there really care, and that is great. but I bet the majority don't. or just are totally uneducated about fish and their requirements. it should be a requirement to have a license to keep fish.

Jayy 05-11-2012 05:15 PM

I HATE going in pet store and hearing a worker giving bulls$*#! info. It's like REALLY?? thats soooo wrong. I want to saw something, but I feel like It's not my place. I'm going to speak up next time.

mattfishgeek 05-12-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymon78 (Post 1077524)
its a sad state of affairs, the lack of knowledge and the idiocy of people is a dangerous combo! it seems as though unfortunately fish are deemed disposable, unlike fluffy pets. if it dies, ah well go back, get your money back or another fish to kill.

Obviously tonnes of us out there really care, and that is great. but I bet the majority don't. or just are totally uneducated about fish and their requirements. it should be a requirement to have a license to keep fish.

i agree with you there people should need to prove their knowledge before being able to keep fish

mattfishgeek 05-12-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayy (Post 1077527)
I HATE going in pet store and hearing a worker giving bulls$*#! info. It's like REALLY?? thats soooo wrong. I want to saw something, but I feel like It's not my place. I'm going to speak up next time.

you should always speak up. i just cant keep my mouth shut when i visit other fish places. ur saving that fishes life

Assault0137 05-13-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattfishgeek (Post 1078455)
you should always speak up. i just cant keep my mouth shut when i visit other fish places. ur saving that fishes life

but the problem is, you are giving them revenue. i dont know wether to give them money and save a fish, or boycott them and let the fish die...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2