Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Brand New Fishy =) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/brand-new-fishy-100729/)

FluffyWolf2 05-06-2012 06:48 PM

Brand New Fishy =)

Hey there everyone! I'm here (that's me) to inquire about joining your school of numerous varieties of fishes (that's you), to learn your wisdom, experience, and well to join in a new hobby. I grew up and my dad had a 70 Gallon Tank with a variety of fish, and I was fortunate enough to get my own fish tank. Well years later I've got my own place and required a pet for serenity, and thus I've begun the hobby!

Hoping to learn how to keep my fish healthy and long lived, while learning a thing or two before venturing into deeper waters (larger tanks!).

=)

Edit: Oh totally forgot, I got my aquarium/tank up in the profile with my starter fish, onto your other sections to discuss! *Wave*

ladayen 05-06-2012 07:41 PM

Welcome :)

OK newbie check list...

some sort of livebearer.. yep
random brightly colored decorations.. yep
made in china designed bubbler... wait.. it's not there?!!?

Well 2 fish in a 10g thats not bad. Although mollies should have a 20g+ you're not off to a bad start at all really. Do you have a liquid test kit by chance?

FluffyWolf2 05-07-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladayen (Post 1071625)
Welcome :)

OK newbie check list...

some sort of livebearer.. yep
random brightly colored decorations.. yep
made in china designed bubbler... wait.. it's not there?!!?

Well 2 fish in a 10g thats not bad. Although mollies should have a 20g+ you're not off to a bad start at all really. Do you have a liquid test kit by chance?

API Master Test Kit, Testing PH, Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite. Haha no no bubbler ;) should I?! :P Nah my filter breaks water tension at the surface, and my local fish place said this should be sufficient. I have read a bit about mollies needing 20 Gallon (I have a fish app, not most reliable, but suggests 14 gallon for mollies). So I'll watch them, and if need be in the future I can upgrade to a 20g. I figured this would be an okay start, and I plan to fill the tank with x2 Mollies, x2-x3 Scavengers of some sort, and maybe 1 other fun fish or a pair depending on if the species needs a pair, research research, research!

I would like a scavenger, pleco, or other fish. I know Pleco's get big, my dad suggested clown loach (love orange and black) but I know they grow big. Soooo onto smaller fish for now :)

Thanks for the welcome glad I've started pretty okay, was worried! :D

BarbH 05-10-2012 03:00 AM

Hello and welcome to tfk

Romad 05-10-2012 09:22 PM

Welcome to the forum :wave: We're glad you found us.

FluffyWolf2 05-10-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 1076749)
Welcome to the forum :wave: We're glad you found us.

Glad you're here =) Love looking at all the aquariums people have! Great info! :-)

willow 05-29-2012 05:33 PM

hello and welcome. :-D

Jayy 05-29-2012 05:37 PM

Welcome! Your not off to such a bad start. Most new members that join have an UNcycled 10gal with 2 tiger barbs, a pleco, 6 platies, and a goldfish. LOL Your only thing would be the mollies like someone has already pointed out. Other than that good job!

eaturbyfill 06-02-2012 12:07 PM

Hello and welcome! :-D