Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Beginner Saltwater Aquariums (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-saltwater-aquariums/)
- - setting up a new aquarium system (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-saltwater-aquariums/setting-up-new-aquarium-system-10070/)
setting up a new aquarium system
Hey guys, I am switching from fresh water to salt water very soon, would like to do this right so need a few suggestions. I got a 60 tank, just purchased a ASM in sump skimmer, 10K mettal halide with 2 double t5 acinic bulbs i think they are 65 w each, over flow system, and a uv sterilizer, and a power head.
1. thinking about going with a refugium http://www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=1049
What kind of pump should I buy if my overflow is a 1 inch pipe?
2. Should i be running my uv sterilizer 24/7
also how should i set this up(in sump?) and what kind of pump should i buy to run this.
3. At first i will be going with fish only but eventually into reef system
how much and what kind live rock/sand should i buy?
4. How long do I need to cycle the system for before adding fish?
Sorry for all the questions guys all the help will be greatly apreaciated I just don't want to jump into it without having all the facts.
You need about 60# of live rock, and enough sand to be at least 1" thick.
You should cycle for about 4 weeks, maybe longer depending on your water conditions.
more help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.