Ich, help please:(
So a little bit ago, I noticed in my 10g tank, one of my tiger barbs and my blue gourmi have ich. I got them out and into a 5g bucket. I also have 2 rams, 2 tinfoils, and another tiger barb. I have a 30g tank I setup the other day that isn't 100% clear yet that all these were supposed to go in. My 2nd tiger looks like he may have it so should I go ahead and move the tinfoils and the rams now? And how can I get the ich out of the tank? And where did it come from? This tank is 4 months old and all the fish have been there atleast 2 months...?
I just realized there is a form I'm supposed to fill out. I'll do that now, but if anyone can help with the info I gave, that be great.
1. What is the size of your tank?
2. What are your water parameters? State the brand of test kit used.
0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, >1 nitrate. One from petsmart
3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water?
(Conditioned) Tap with aquarium salt so brackish
4. How long the aquarium has been set up?
5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
7 fish (2 tinfoil barbs, 2 tiger barbs, 2 rams, a blue groumi, all 1-1.5 inch, all fish for 2 months, tank for 4 months
6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
No, never done quarantine since I’ve been keeping tanks (fresh and salt) for the past years
7. What temperature is the tank water currently?
8. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
Yes, just 2
9. What filter are you using? State brand, maintenance routine and power capacity.
10g marineland, change cartridge every 3-4 weeks
10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)?
11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? What is your lighting schedule (assuming you do not rely on sunlight for our viewing pleasure)?
Yes, lighting from 7:30am-9pm
12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate?
Just did water 4 days ago. Do 15% every couple weeks
13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule?
Just flake, once a day around 6:30-8pm
14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish?
The sick fish (tigers and groumi look salted and groumi also has brown mold looking stuff on dorsal fin. All fish, including sick ones, swim normal.
15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis.
Update: Tiger barb died, other one has ich, added aquarium salt to treat it (already had salt, but says it treats it and to add more when ich or nitrite burn occurs).
Are you sure this is ich, if you have aquarium salt already in the tank, usually ich doesn't appear I think. What does it look like? I would treat the entire aquarium because ich tends to spread like a nasty. Unless of course you have inverts you want to keep in the tank.
Also, aquarium salt treated waters do not create brackish waters. Your fish will also outgrow you aquarium very soon. And you need to get more kinds of each barb. In other words you definitely need a bigger aquarium. A ten gallon is way to small for any sort of cichlid. Did you cycle your tank?
As for where the ich came from, I'd say it came from one of the petstore fish that was put in the tank.
Well in order to cure ich there are several ways to go about it, there is the natural, salt cure (which I don't know much about but can do research on for you) and then there is medical cures most of which kill inverts but are better for certain types of fish. Which do you want to do? The salt I'd say is more labor intensive while the medical cure is slightly more expensive.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.