Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   hello (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/hello-100060/)

furryfarm 04-29-2012 05:22 PM

hello

hi everyone :)

i am new to this forum. i have been keeping freshwater planted tanks now for about a year and a half. i'm still pretty new at it and i am still learning. i am currently working on my dream tank. it isn't going too well right now thanks to some pretty bad green water. :roll: i see many water changes in my near future... haha!

besides my tank (66 gallon) i also have 2 cats and 2 dogs. i live in rural newfoundland and i am a substitute teacher. i live about 200 km from the closest lfs! lots of work to keep the fish happy but they are worth it!

in my tank i have 21 neons, 5 albino cories, 3 amano shrimp, 2 bristlenose plecos, and i am still waiting to move my 5 kuhli loaches over. this summer the plan is to add a pair of keyhole cichlids. i can't wait!

willow 04-29-2012 05:25 PM

hello and welcome
i hope you will be very happy here with us. :-D

Inga 04-29-2012 08:37 PM

Mindy so happy that you made it over. You will love the gang here. Tons of friendly people and a lot of knowledge being happily shared around this place. Hope you will share some of your stories and knowledge with others. Let''s face it, it is so much more fun with more action. The more the merrier, as they say.

Cute name you chose. I hope I can remember it is you. ha ha

Romad 04-29-2012 08:55 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave: Just a wild guess here but you must be a friend of Inga's :)

You bet. As we always say "the more the merrier" here. :)

furryfarm 04-30-2012 06:21 AM

haha! yes, i know inga from another forum :)

Inga 04-30-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 1063867)
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave: Just a wild guess here but you must be a friend of Inga's :)

You bet. As we always say "the more the merrier" here.

Mindy what you will learn here about plants is mind boggling. LOVE this forum. I wouldn't have had live plants if it were not for the folks here and they certainly wouldn't look as good as they do if it were not for this place.

furryfarm 04-30-2012 07:39 AM

good to know, Inga :)

my plants seem to be doing good right now, growing very well. my problem right now is green water :( and, i found another darn snail this morning!! grrrrrr!

i am just getting ready now to go to the post office. the new powerhead and fertilizers that i ordered are in! yay!

Inga 04-30-2012 07:46 AM

Yeah, new stuff. Is there anything better? ha ha Glad your plants are doing so well. I am sure they will appreciate the new fertilizer as well. Don't forget... Pictures, Pictures, Pictures. :)

furryfarm 04-30-2012 10:10 AM

so nice to get new stuff :)

my powerhead is moving my water so nicely. so happy about that!

i got seachem flourish and excel. i am going to start using them once i get the green water under control. i can't wait to see what they do for my tank!

Stormfish 04-30-2012 04:30 PM

Hey furryfarm! I lived in NL for just over 4 years. Rural, hey? So as in 5 minutes outside St. John's? ;)