Change in plans :) - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 11-29-2009, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Change in plans :)

Hey All,

Well impatient's got the best of me, my LFS hasn't gotten my DPS in yet, so I bought another 20 Gal, and made my cycling DPS tank into my new comm tank. I needed a tank for my girls room anyways.
So I moved all my fish to the EX-DPS tnk, and put it in my twins room, not sure whats going in it yet, maybe some Gold fish, I bought a new 20 Gal, and I have it up and cycling for my DPS, I also set up the new DPS tank next to me on my desk so I can interact with them. Anyways. I took a bit of a vid of my Comm tank.

Let me know what ya think?

YouTube - My Community Tank

Don
MrHumphries is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 11-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Member
 
doughnut's Avatar
 
lol jumping on the couch...but then again how can you watch bob and larry and NOT jump on the couch? The tank looks awesome!

doughnut
doughnut is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 11-30-2009, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughnut View Post
lol jumping on the couch...but then again how can you watch bob and larry and NOT jump on the couch? The tank looks awesome!

doughnut
LOL! you caught that eh? he he he, they love veggie tales :) silly songs with larry is there fav :)

Thanks.

I got word my puffers should be in with in a week *figures Crossed* Their tank is all cycled and ready for them, lots of plants and a nice roman decor to hide in :) I'll post a vid of them in their new home. as soon as they are settled in :) I can't wait :)

Don
MrHumphries is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old 11-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Member
 
doughnut's Avatar
 
heh funny story about silly songs with larry... my sister has a fat faaat cat. almost cow like, white with a few spots here and there. Well my family being..my family started calling this cat "cebu" due to it looking like the hippo in his slide show. They've called it that for a few years now and dont see it stopping any time soon.

Im sure they'll love what you got set up for them! Cant wait to see the video of them all settled in.

doughnut
doughnut is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 12-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Gold Member
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHumphries View Post
Hey All,

Well impatient's got the best of me, my LFS hasn't gotten my DPS in yet, so I bought another 20 Gal, and made my cycling DPS tank into my new comm tank. I needed a tank for my girls room anyways.
So I moved all my fish to the EX-DPS tnk, and put it in my twins room, not sure whats going in it yet, maybe some Gold fish, I bought a new 20 Gal, and I have it up and cycling for my DPS, I also set up the new DPS tank next to me on my desk so I can interact with them. Anyways. I took a bit of a vid of my Comm tank.

Let me know what ya think?

YouTube - My Community Tank

Don
I noticed something that you may have already taken care of. The bunch of plants on the left side of the tank should be removed from the *band* that's holding them together and planted individually otherwise the stems will rot. Just something I noticed and something you've probably already taken care of. The tank looks good.

If you don't stand up for something you'll fall for anything...
aunt kymmie is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 12-01-2009, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt kymmie View Post
I noticed something that you may have already taken care of. The bunch of plants on the left side of the tank should be removed from the *band* that's holding them together and planted individually otherwise the stems will rot. Just something I noticed and something you've probably already taken care of. The tank looks good.

Yeah I have already taken care of them, I left them like that as a test fit to make sure i like em there.
I removed the band :)

Thanks thou :)

Don
MrHumphries is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 12-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Gold Member
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHumphries View Post
Yeah I have already taken care of them, I left them like that as a test fit to make sure i like em there.
I removed the band :)

Thanks thou :)

Don
I figured as much! I just wanted to make sure.
Looking forward to seeing your puffers, hope they arrive soon!

If you don't stand up for something you'll fall for anything...
aunt kymmie is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 12-01-2009, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt kymmie View Post
I figured as much! I just wanted to make sure.
Looking forward to seeing your puffers, hope they arrive soon!
You and me both LOL! Their tank is ready for them, I have one more plant I want to add before they arrive, when they are in their tank and sorta settled I will post a vid :) I recieved two new snails with my last plant LOL! I just now found a BIG one. How i didn't noticed him before is beyond me? LOL!

Don
MrHumphries is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 12-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Member
 
Angel079's Avatar
 
Niceeeee set up I really like that!!!!
Maybe its an option for you to add some black paper to the tank's back to "hide" the cables?

Are the puffers there yet? *I'm thinking picture time here*

~ Life Is Too Short, Break The Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly, Love Truly, Laugh Uncontrollably And Never Regret Anything that Made You Smile.
Life May Not Be The Party We Hoped For, But While We're Here, We Should Dance. ~
Angel079 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Change in plans gatorsfan Beginner Saltwater Aquariums 6 01-27-2010 07:25 PM
New set up plans Mean Harri Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 3 12-16-2009 03:57 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome