Tanked
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » The Tropical Fish Keeping Community » Off Topic Discussions » Tanked

Tanked

This is a discussion on Tanked within the Off Topic Discussions forums, part of the The Tropical Fish Keeping Community category; --> what do you guys think of the show tanked? Its a cool show but I am not sure I agree with everything the build ...

Reply
Old 05-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
 
nags's Avatar
 
Tanked

what do you guys think of the show tanked? Its a cool show but I am not sure I agree with everything the build to put fish in
nags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
 
tanked it a good show. some stuff doesn't make sense, but it is okay.
Assault0137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
 
I've read about this show, but never seen it listed here in Canada. Boo! :(

EDIT: And I now see why. I don't subscribe to Animal Planet. Double boo!
Stormfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfish View Post
I've read about this show, but never seen it listed here in Canada. Boo! :(

EDIT: And I now see why. I don't subscribe to Animal Planet. Double boo!
look on youtube. you'll find some clips.
i have a friend from canada. his name is chuck.
Assault0137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
 
fish monger's Avatar
 
The tanks seem to be crammed with fish. I'm sure they have top of the line technology but, it just seems like they always put way too many fish in their tanks.
fish monger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
 
nags's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish monger View Post
The tanks seem to be crammed with fish. I'm sure they have top of the line technology but, it just seems like they always put way too many fish in their tanks.

I agree they put a ton of fish in the tanks
nags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
 
Just watched Season 1; Ep. 1.

What the hell? They don't cycle their tanks? And filling marine tanks with tap water and throwing the fish in? AFAIK, marine takes a while to set up, not just an hour or two.

Also, that whole "mermaid show" at the hotel aquarium. My first thought was how they're contaminating the tank with shampoo, soap and detergent residues.
Stormfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #8
 
nags's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfish View Post
Just watched Season 1; Ep. 1.

What the hell? They don't cycle their tanks? And filling marine tanks with tap water and throwing the fish in? AFAIK, marine takes a while to set up, not just an hour or two.

Also, that whole "mermaid show" at the hotel aquarium. My first thought was how they're contaminating the tank with shampoo, soap and detergent residues.
yeah I don't know anything about salt water but I thought that was a little strange the way the just go form filling up the tank to dumping in fish
nags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:11 AM   #9
 
fish monger's Avatar
 
After work, I think I'll check to see if there is a way to contact them and ask questions.
fish monger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
 
fish monger's Avatar
 
I just sent an email to Wayde King, the CEO, asking how they deal with the issues we've brought up here. Who knows...we might get a reply. Stranger things have happened.
fish monger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from TANKED iheartpuffers Introduce Yourself 15 11-30-2011 03:50 PM
Tanked is casting for season 2 iheartpuffers Off Topic Discussions 0 10-28-2011 01:10 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.