Other Pets' Names(excluding the fish) - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 09-23-2006, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
I can't believe that I too have names for my fish! In my defense, my 4 year old daughter named most of them. My Giraffe Hap is Spot, the Yellow Lab is Yellow (I know, very original), The Kenyi is Grumpy because he is a nasty critter. I now have a little pleco that I call Little Guy. I think I should have looked for a bigger one as he is about an inch or so. I worry about my other fish looking at him like he is dinner. I also have a Betta named Red.

Other Animals:

Horses: Conan, Jimmy, Champagne, Tucker
Dogs: Cowboy, Toby and Harley
Cat: Toya (for the dogs...Just kidding-sort of)
Rabbits: Snuggles and Smokey
Parakeets: Snowball and Fruity

Whew! Can any of you beat me in the pet department? :P

New 20 gal tank with African Ciclids. Having a great time with them. Who knew fish had such personalities?
Deefish is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 Old 09-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Member
 
Lupin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefish
I can't believe that I too have names for my fish! In my defense, my 4 year old daughter named most of them. My Giraffe Hap is Spot, the Yellow Lab is Yellow (I know, very original), The Kenyi is Grumpy because he is a nasty critter. I now have a little pleco that I call Little Guy. I think I should have looked for a bigger one as he is about an inch or so. I worry about my other fish looking at him like he is dinner. I also have a Betta named Red.

Other Animals:

Horses: Conan, Jimmy, Champagne, Tucker
Dogs: Cowboy, Toby and Harley
Cat: Toya (for the dogs...Just kidding-sort of)
Rabbits: Snuggles and Smokey
Parakeets: Snowball and Fruity

Whew! Can any of you beat me in the pet department? :P
I'm not sure I can beat you.
Fish names already posted but I'll try to name other fish as soon as I distinguish their differences in appearance.
For other pets:
Mynah(bird)-Kyaw-deceased (dialect version for mynah ), Stitch
Dogs-Snickers, Smurf, Skittles, Puppy(Heck, who suggested that name to a puppy 14 years ago? ; he's now 15 yrs old ), Spike
The first three girls are Miniature Pinscher. Spike is a dobermann.
Er..on 2nd thought, I'll give up naming the deceased. I can't remember their names and those alone are rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, budgerigars, bantams(miniature version of chickens) and parrots.
If they were still alive today, I beat you on Pets' Department.

Sent from my desktop or phone or whatever else I am holding on to

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=48&dateline=125741997  2
I'm ready for the pressure.
The drama and the pleasure!
If there is one thing I want to see here, it's HUMOR.
I believe I can fly!
I believe I can touch the sky!
I think about it every night and day!
I stand in awe of my body.
Lupin is offline  
post #3 of 17 Old 09-25-2006, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
You know what, Blue? I forgot about my duck! Something thinks that I am supplying supper for them and I have gone through 4, :( . Only one left and her name is Duck Duck. Guess I should look for Goose, huh?

I keep trying to talk my husband into a goat but to no avail. Stay tuned though because I usually get my way eventually. :D Dee

So sad that you have to count dead critters to beat me....

New 20 gal tank with African Ciclids. Having a great time with them. Who knew fish had such personalities?
Deefish is offline  
post #4 of 17 Old 09-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Member
 
Lupin's Avatar
 
If only they're still alive, I could have beat you.

You're silly with goose. The goose in our farm are not good. They attack you if you try to walk away.

Sent from my desktop or phone or whatever else I am holding on to

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=48&dateline=125741997  2
I'm ready for the pressure.
The drama and the pleasure!
If there is one thing I want to see here, it's HUMOR.
I believe I can fly!
I believe I can touch the sky!
I think about it every night and day!
I stand in awe of my body.
Lupin is offline  
post #5 of 17 Old 09-26-2006, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
I've heard that about geese. Guess I will just keep feeding duck to the wildlife! I really like having a pair of ducks on our pond but I feel guilty come winter when they are walking around on the ice. They are literally sitting ducks for the coyote and fox. I've heard that coons will eat them too. Guess you don't have that problem!

Dee

New 20 gal tank with African Ciclids. Having a great time with them. Who knew fish had such personalities?
Deefish is offline  
post #6 of 17 Old 09-26-2006, 12:47 AM
Member
 
Lupin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefish
I've heard that about geese. Guess I will just keep feeding duck to the wildlife! I really like having a pair of ducks on our pond but I feel guilty come winter when they are walking around on the ice. They are literally sitting ducks for the coyote and fox. I've heard that coons will eat them too. Guess you don't have that problem!

Dee
The er..raccoons?
Never had raccoons in our country. The only problem is the presence of big rats measuring almost a foot.
We can't keep ducks in our place. Only in the farm. We don't want muck all over the place.

Sent from my desktop or phone or whatever else I am holding on to

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=48&dateline=125741997  2
I'm ready for the pressure.
The drama and the pleasure!
If there is one thing I want to see here, it's HUMOR.
I believe I can fly!
I believe I can touch the sky!
I think about it every night and day!
I stand in awe of my body.
Lupin is offline  
post #7 of 17 Old 09-26-2006, 01:27 AM
Member
 
Tracy's Avatar
 
Wow, Dee! You're so lucky to have horses :)

You know what the definition of hobby is: something of interest that is going to cost you lots of money!
Tracy is offline  
post #8 of 17 Old 09-26-2006, 01:32 AM
Member
 
Tracy's Avatar
 
Blue, did you always live in the Philipines or are you from somewhere else? (yeah, I know, you'll probably move this to "off topic" forum :P

Since we're talking about pets: I have 24 fish + don't know how many 'fry' just yet (lol); I have a dog named Buffy, and my son has 4 hermit crabs. Had a dwarf bunny called Nibbles but he died last November :( I have had almost every kind of pet, from a turtle and a goldfish, to a horse. (Okay, I'll shut up now and wait for someone to move this to the right forum).

You know what the definition of hobby is: something of interest that is going to cost you lots of money!
Tracy is offline  
post #9 of 17 Old 09-26-2006, 01:37 AM
Member
 
Lupin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_gourami45
Blue, did you always live in the Philipines or are you from somewhere else? (yeah, I know, you'll probably move this to "off topic" forum :P

Since we're talking about pets: I have 24 fish + don't know how many 'fry' just yet (lol); I have a dog named Buffy, and my son has 4 hermit crabs. Had a dwarf bunny called Nibbles but he died last November :( I have had almost every kind of pet, from a turtle and a goldfish, to a horse. (Okay, I'll shut up now and wait for someone to move this to the right forum).
I live in the Philippines since the day I was born.

Well, I splitted the posts as we are getting offtopic in another forum.

Sent from my desktop or phone or whatever else I am holding on to

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=48&dateline=125741997  2
I'm ready for the pressure.
The drama and the pleasure!
If there is one thing I want to see here, it's HUMOR.
I believe I can fly!
I believe I can touch the sky!
I think about it every night and day!
I stand in awe of my body.
Lupin is offline  
post #10 of 17 Old 09-26-2006, 01:44 AM
Member
 
Tracy's Avatar
 
What time is it there?

You know what the definition of hobby is: something of interest that is going to cost you lots of money!
Tracy is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Pics of Fish, Winter Weather, and Other Pets Cody Freshwater Journals 12 04-28-2008 08:46 PM
Your Fish Got Names? IntelligentDesigner Off Topic Discussions 16 04-23-2008 04:05 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome