Mad sinus problems!!! - Page 3
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » The Tropical Fish Keeping Community » Off Topic Discussions » Mad sinus problems!!!

Mad sinus problems!!!

This is a discussion on Mad sinus problems!!! within the Off Topic Discussions forums, part of the The Tropical Fish Keeping Community category; --> Originally Posted by TxFrog It's just basically water with sea salts and you'll be amazed at all the stuff that will come out from ...

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
Mad sinus problems!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:28 PM   #21
 
Blaxicanlatino's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxFrog View Post
It's just basically water with sea salts and you'll be amazed at all the stuff that will come out from the opposite nastral. But please do some research before you try it, you don't want the water go in the wrong pipe and make you swallow the salty water, unless you're into that.. haha..

still confused... XD so i pour it one nostril then it comes out the other... or the eye? er wha?
XD
Blaxicanlatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:41 PM   #22
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxicanlatino View Post
still confused... XD so i pour it one nostril then it comes out the other... or the eye? er what
XD
It's a llittle tricky but you get really good with practice. You fill the neti-pot with the salty water, you tilt your head sideways over the sink and you slowly pour the water into the one nostril that's higher and the water then flows out the other one. The first nostril you should pour the water into is the one that is the least stuffy. The salty water will "break down" what's jammed in your nose that has you unable to breathe in the first place. This procedure is so simple even my 10 year old nephew can do it. He also suffers from allergies and I thought I'd never get him to use the neti-pot but it turns out he thinks it's way cool that you can pour water into one side of your nose and have it come out the other. It's trippy, for sure!
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #23
 
Blaxicanlatino's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt kymmie View Post
It's a llittle tricky but you get really good with practice. You fill the neti-pot with the salty water, you tilt your head sideways over the sink and you slowly pour the water into the one nostril that's higher and the water then flows out the other one. The first nostril you should pour the water into is the one that is the least stuffy. The salty water will "break down" what's jammed in your nose that has you unable to breathe in the first place. This procedure is so simple even my 10 year old nephew can do it. He also suffers from allergies and I thought I'd never get him to use the neti-pot but it turns out he thinks it's way cool that you can pour water into one side of your nose and have it come out the other. It's trippy, for sure!

is for just mucus? id ont have a mucus problem its a nose membrane problem
Blaxicanlatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #24
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxicanlatino View Post
is for just mucus? id ont have a mucus problem its a nose membrane problem
It'll help flush the membranes and make your sinuses feel better. I don't have a mucous either, just a sinus problem related to allergies. Flushing it all out with saltwater relieves the problem. Basically, if I go more than a week without surfing I have to flush out my sinus cavity with the neti-pot. It's alot more fun having the waves do it for me but lately I haven't been out much.
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #25
 
LisaC144's Avatar
 
Neti pot is great. I use it as well. I am prone to sinus infections in the winter and the neti pot had been preventing me from getting them too bad. I'd suggest trying that as well.

Kym, I'm surprised with the dry air there that you have sinus issues. My brother was so bad in Philadelphia that the ENT doctor suggested surgery. Once he moved to LA he's been a different person. Not one sinus issue whatsoever.
Posted via Mobile Device
LisaC144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #26
 
Blaxicanlatino's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaC144 View Post
Neti pot is great. I use it as well. I am prone to sinus infections in the winter and the neti pot had been preventing me from getting them too bad. I'd suggest trying that as well.

Kym, I'm surprised with the dry air there that you have sinus issues. My brother was so bad in Philadelphia that the ENT doctor suggested surgery. Once he moved to LA he's been a different person. Not one sinus issue whatsoever.
Posted via Mobile Device
so he didnt have any issues after the surgery? or when he movied to LA?
Blaxicanlatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #27
 
LisaC144's Avatar
 
When he moved to LA. He was supposed to get the surgery for years and kept putting it off. Then he moved to LA for a job offer and has been perfectly fine ever since. It's the dry air out there compared to Philly.
Posted via Mobile Device
LisaC144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:48 AM   #28
 
Get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids, take some vitamin c and eat some chicken soup. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:17 AM   #29
 
kitten_penang's Avatar
 
^.~ i am a teenager hehehe just don't ask my age lol
kitten_penang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #30
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaC144 View Post
Neti pot is great. I use it as well. I am prone to sinus infections in the winter and the neti pot had been preventing me from getting them too bad. I'd suggest trying that as well.

Kym, I'm surprised with the dry air there that you have sinus issues. My brother was so bad in Philadelphia that the ENT doctor suggested surgery. Once he moved to LA he's been a different person. Not one sinus issue whatsoever.
Posted via Mobile Device
No dry air here. I live only one mile from the ocean (how lucky am I!) so we have moisture. Nothing like the humidity in other areas but we do have mornings that can be so heavy with the marine layer the air is a fine mist.
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CO2 problems davercomeau Beginner Planted Aquarium 2 10-14-2009 08:23 PM
Having problems please help!!! NICURNMB Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 5 09-16-2009 01:33 AM
Temp problems/Fin Problems? eelz212 Tropical Fish Diseases 9 07-29-2008 11:26 PM
10 gal problems serpaekeeper45 Tropical Fish Diseases 8 07-31-2007 07:00 PM
Problems problems Problems and i explain everything xxthrwitdwnxx Tropical Fish Diseases 12 05-10-2007 01:44 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.