PH Problem? - Page 2
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Saltwater Fish and Coral Reef Tanks » Advanced Saltwater Discussion » Nano Reef » PH Problem?

PH Problem?

This is a discussion on PH Problem? within the Nano Reef forums, part of the Advanced Saltwater Discussion category; --> Originally Posted by Reefing Madness Ywa, point a powehead directly at the surface. I want to see what that does for you, before adding ...

Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #11
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefing Madness View Post
Ywa, point a powehead directly at the surface. I want to see what that does for you, before adding all the additives.
Question for you, are you running a skimmer?
I had the duckbill outlet pointed straight at my waters surface while the PH was low. I can point powerhead at surface since its an mp10.

I upgrade the stock pump (245gph) with a Rio 6HF (350gph) and am now running the hydor flo at the outlet. This was all installed sunday before the buffer was added.

I have the Hydor Slim Skim Nano. Just turned it back on. Had it off for 36hrs (from sunday) while I epoxyed some rocks. Can epoxy have any effect? (aquastik)

I opened up all the windows in the room and uncovered the tank. Odd weather here in Chicago.

PH is currently 7.94
Ill have to measure Alkalinity again.

THE PICTURE IS A TIME LINE FOR PH:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PH Time Line.jpg (27.4 KB, 14 views)
MetalArm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #12
 
That just sucks. Ya got everything right as far as I see. I've not heard of any complaints abiut epoxy lowering the PH, for a long periid of time. Do you have a lid on the tank?
Alsol are yiu running a skimmer? This aerates the hell out of the water.
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #13
 
Yes, the skimmer is the Hydor Slim Skim Nano. It was off for 36hrs because if epoxy. Just turned it back on a couple of hours ago.

The tank is covered. Furry cat and lost a clown (jumper).

I'll do what you recommended and not dose anything. But I'll still do my water change. Salt is mixing now.
Posted via Mobile Device
MetalArm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #14
 
Water change is fine. But....I'd remove the lid. Just my 2 cents, but your not allowing the proper gas exchange with the lid on. Other than the above, dosing Kalwk, I don't k ow how else to do it personally.
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #15
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefing Madness View Post
Water change is fine. But....I'd remove the lid. Just my 2 cents, but your not allowing the proper gas exchange with the lid on. Other than the above, dosing Kalwk, I don't k ow how else to do it personally.
Your two cents are the words of GODS

I did my water change, clean all phosphate reactor, skimmer, and replaced all filter media. PH rose to 8.10 by the time the lights went out.

It was a slow climb but it made it to its normal operating readout.

Ill post all parameters again tomorrow.

Thanks,
MetalArm3
MetalArm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:53 AM   #16
 
I love this stuff! Honestly I use these two only for all my tanks, even the larger ones. I started using these two years ago and haven't had any issues with any of my tanks. Everything you need is in the two bottles, however I do not dose daily on any of my tanks. Unless you are having specific issues I dose every other or every 3 days.

I like it since it is all premeasured and it simplifies the guess work for your tank. and as you mentioned, the number of bottles laying around are cut down.

As with everything, you still want to test your water to ensure your corals are not using up more than you are adding. I personally have not had any water quality issues just using A&B.
park1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #17
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalArm3 View Post
I did my water change, clean all phosphate reactor, skimmer, and replaced all filter media. PH rose to 8.10 by the time the lights went out.

It was a slow climb but it made it to its normal operating readout.

Ill post all parameters again tomorrow.

Thanks,
MetalArm3
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #18
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by park1991 View Post
I love this stuff! Honestly I use these two only for all my tanks, even the larger ones. I started using these two years ago and haven't had any issues with any of my tanks. Everything you need is in the two bottles, however I do not dose daily on any of my tanks. Unless you are having specific issues I dose every other or every 3 days.

I like it since it is all premeasured and it simplifies the guess work for your tank. and as you mentioned, the number of bottles laying around are cut down.

As with everything, you still want to test your water to ensure your corals are not using up more than you are adding. I personally have not had any water quality issues just using A&B.
Yea, every 3 days is probably what I'll do. It's a great product and never had a documented problem with it.

Ill post my parameters tomorrow.

Between work all day, school at night, and car trouble after all that....i barely had time to feed them

However, my PH was 8.10 again before I turned the lights off.
MetalArm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:32 AM   #19
 
Well some good news is better than a total loss of a day. =)
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #20
 
Golden!

Well, as the title say....I think were GOLDEN!

Parameters:
Nitrate- 0
Nitrite- 0
Phosphate- 0
Alkalinity- 11
Calcium- 440
PH- 8.13
Salinity- 1.0245

Thanks for all the advice everyone

MetalArm3
MetalArm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clown pleco problem/needle nose gar problem Tyler burkett Catfish 3 12-04-2012 05:17 PM
Ph problem doser Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 6 02-26-2008 12:08 AM
A problem..... Lonewolfblue Off Topic Discussions 15 02-06-2008 07:49 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.