- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 232
- Hello, I have a halfmoon betta in a 5 gallon tank. I was wondering if you knew what was wrong with his fins? I see small rips in the ends and I don't know if it's him biting it, plants or what! I have a few plants (some live and some are fake.. But they don't feel sharp.) I also have some wood for aquariums in it. He has a filter, heater etc. and I don't know what could be causing this... Any ideas? I would attach a picture but I'm pretty noobie Lol!
- I was hoping for girls. :( Shouldn't have gotten babies I guess.
Helping people can get a bit dull. My friend in real life just got a tank and has been asking me all these beginner questions and I can't deal with it.. I've been telling her to google this stuff and lent her a book. Generally speaking I hate talking about fish because people are just so wrong about so many things (that sounds a bit narcissistic, I know).
- You think that one might be a male? Sakura was saying female for both, they are so small still and I am no good with that stuff. The red one is a lot more rough around the edges, picked it up first since the tail was clamped up so much, but seems to be doing better now (got them Friday night as sort of an early birthday present). Both look pretty emaciated from the top though... I'm thinking to maybe start a small scale rescue in September if I get the utilities included apartment I'm hoping for..
Yep I am back... I feel a lot less pressured posting as a regular member... I had so many PMs about people's sick fish though that I never answered built up over the months and I feel pretty bad about it. At this point I don't even remember that much about diseases anymore...
- About lilnaugrim
- Rhode Island
- art, fish, pc gaming, writing
- Art Student at URI
- Total Years Fish Keeping Experience
Pierce, Jaguar, Trapper, Sam, Velvet, Alloy, Bowie
- Oh no, no at all ^_^ They are "low light" plants but all that means is that they can thrive just fine in dimmer lights. They will very much appreciate more light if you have it or can provide it....Liked On: 03-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Posted On: 03-12-2015, 06:20 AMMy floating ones are doing just fine. They don't care too much whether they're floated or tied down, just as long as the whole plant isn't buried :-)Liked On: 03-11-2015, 11:59 AM
Posted On: 03-11-2015, 07:19 AMwillow liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : rosy barb 10 gallonsHi there bromfieldpen! Welcome to the forum! Well, there's a few things wrong unfortunately. Not all pet stores are very knowledgeable even though they may seem like it. Always take their advice...Liked On: 03-02-2015, 02:55 AM
Posted On: 03-01-2015, 05:40 PMwillow liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : a question about photobucketSo you want to take the photo off PhotoBucket and onto your desktop to put into iPhoto? Is that correct? If so, go on Photobucket, find the picture you want and then right click on the photo so...Liked On: 02-28-2015, 07:47 AM
Posted On: 02-27-2015, 05:03 PMAlasse liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Shell Dweller tankYou have the most beautiful tanks Alasse! Absolutely gorgeous!Liked On: 02-23-2015, 03:03 PM
Posted On: 02-23-2015, 09:01 AMRomad liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Stocking a community tank, am i missing any cool fish that can coexist?Just before I get to anything else, are you aware of how large the Common Pleco gets? (over a foot in most cases) As well as your Iridescence Shark? (4 feet long!!!) You are actually over stocked...Liked On: 02-23-2015, 09:52 AM
Posted On: 02-23-2015, 09:37 AMaussieJJDude liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Fish BowlMm lovely! Oh, I just spotted the little Tiger Endlers too! :-D I do love big bowl aqua scapes like this that are naturally planted and all, it's quite attractive!Liked On: 12-23-2014, 03:10 AM
Posted On: 12-15-2014, 02:39 PMYeah she added the gravel later, we were just too pooped to do anything else other than sit back and stare at the beauty of this tank haha! I do have to say it does look better with the gravel in too!Liked On: 10-16-2014, 04:36 AM
Posted On: 10-15-2014, 06:51 AMI absolutely love this tank and these fish!! I especially love Kurt :-D BUT, I never want to set up a 72 gallon again with a single 5 gallon bucket lol >.< You know, we could have used a...Liked On: 10-15-2014, 04:59 AM
Posted On: 10-13-2014, 07:38 AMaussieJJDude liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : What Color Dwarf GouramiHoney's are a completely different species if that is what you are talking about. Honey: Trichogaster Chuna (http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/trichogaster-chuna/) Color variants include:...Liked On: 10-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Posted On: 10-02-2014, 05:39 PMRackinRocky liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Camallanus WormsQuoting information about Fenben and Levamisole: "Benzimidazoles The first chemical class of modern anthelmintics developed was the benzimidazoles (BZD). The first drug in this class,...Liked On: 09-22-2014, 08:42 PM
Posted On: 09-21-2014, 08:38 PMhuckleberry77 liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Stocking ideas for 36 gal... need some fresh or unusual ideasHappy to help! I've wanted a Festivum for a long time, they're so dang adorable but since I only keep microfish...it'd end badly lolLiked On: 09-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Posted On: 09-18-2014, 07:00 AMhuckleberry77 liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Stocking ideas for 36 gal... need some fresh or unusual ideasHow about: 1 Festivum 8 Black Ruby Barbs (Opt.) 1 BN Pleco or 1 Blue Acara (make sure it isn't a Green Terror, they are often confused) 8 Serpae TetrasLiked On: 09-17-2014, 09:00 PM
Posted On: 09-17-2014, 08:23 AMShukiAi liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : One LED strip enough for a 29 GAL?It just depends on what LED it is. If you get a high end LED like the Finnex, then yeah it's going to grow things but you'll also spend a pretty penny on it. I use Finnex FugeRay Planted+ and it...Liked On: 09-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Posted On: 09-09-2014, 05:33 PMSylverclaws liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : White Marbled Crayfish or sick?They can change color depending on what they eat as well. I believe you get more blues when they eat a high diet with Spirulina in it.Liked On: 09-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Posted On: 09-12-2014, 08:29 AM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.