- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 222
- So, I'm not sure how the heck it's taken me this long to notice, BUT I found a hitchhiker in my tank. :P It's a teeny tiny snail! I thought I did a good job of checking all the plants over when I unpackaged them, but apparently not haha. xD I like it, though! I love snails.
- Hi, thought I'd try a visitor message this time. How are you? It's been a while since we talked. Anyway, we're going to be taking care of my sister's roommate's fish and I wanted to make sure that the equipment I was planning on using would be disease free. See, for water changes, it'll probably be Danny's old stuff and I'm thinking of putting the fish in a spare tank I have. My question is, these things would have all been rinsed (especially the water change stuff) but I haven't like disinfected everything or anything. However, this stuff has been sitting around totally dry for months. My understanding is that aquatic bacteria dies when dried out so everything should be just fine, yes? Thanks for your help! Hope you're having a good month!
- Hi there! I'm in desperate need of help for a betta with popeye and isn't responding to any meds in my arsenal! Little to no improvement. I'm trying to send you the thread but unfortunately I cant get it to copy/paste! Arg. It's in diseases and called "at war with popeye" my guy really needs some help. Would you pls take a look at it? thanks.
- About lilnaugrim
- Rhode Island
- art, fish, pc gaming, writing
- Art Student at URI
- Total Years Fish Keeping Experience
Pierce, Jaguar, Trapper, Sam, Velvet, Alloy, Bowie
- aussieJJDude liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Fish BowlMm lovely! Oh, I just spotted the little Tiger Endlers too! :-D I do love big bowl aqua scapes like this that are naturally planted and all, it's quite attractive!Liked On: 12-23-2014, 04:10 AM
Posted On: 12-15-2014, 03:39 PMYeah she added the gravel later, we were just too pooped to do anything else other than sit back and stare at the beauty of this tank haha! I do have to say it does look better with the gravel in too!Liked On: 10-16-2014, 05:36 AM
Posted On: 10-15-2014, 07:51 AMI absolutely love this tank and these fish!! I especially love Kurt :-D BUT, I never want to set up a 72 gallon again with a single 5 gallon bucket lol >.< You know, we could have used a...Liked On: 10-15-2014, 05:59 AM
Posted On: 10-13-2014, 08:38 AMaussieJJDude liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : What Color Dwarf GouramiHoney's are a completely different species if that is what you are talking about. Honey: Trichogaster Chuna (http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/trichogaster-chuna/) Color variants include:...Liked On: 10-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Posted On: 10-02-2014, 06:39 PMRackinRocky liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Camallanus WormsQuoting information about Fenben and Levamisole: "Benzimidazoles The first chemical class of modern anthelmintics developed was the benzimidazoles (BZD). The first drug in this class,...Liked On: 09-22-2014, 09:42 PM
Posted On: 09-21-2014, 09:38 PMhuckleberry77 liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Stocking ideas for 36 gal... need some fresh or unusual ideasHappy to help! I've wanted a Festivum for a long time, they're so dang adorable but since I only keep microfish...it'd end badly lolLiked On: 09-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Posted On: 09-18-2014, 08:00 AMhuckleberry77 liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Stocking ideas for 36 gal... need some fresh or unusual ideasHow about: 1 Festivum 8 Black Ruby Barbs (Opt.) 1 BN Pleco or 1 Blue Acara (make sure it isn't a Green Terror, they are often confused) 8 Serpae TetrasLiked On: 09-17-2014, 10:00 PM
Posted On: 09-17-2014, 09:23 AMShukiAi liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : One LED strip enough for a 29 GAL?It just depends on what LED it is. If you get a high end LED like the Finnex, then yeah it's going to grow things but you'll also spend a pretty penny on it. I use Finnex FugeRay Planted+ and it...Liked On: 09-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Posted On: 09-09-2014, 06:33 PMSylverclaws liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : White Marbled Crayfish or sick?They can change color depending on what they eat as well. I believe you get more blues when they eat a high diet with Spirulina in it.Liked On: 09-12-2014, 11:33 AM
Posted On: 09-12-2014, 09:29 AMTolak liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Help Help..Please HELPIt's very common, in fact, so much that I wrote an article to differentiate between fin rot and fin biting since so many people mistake biting for rot. Here's the link:...Liked On: 08-25-2014, 08:41 AM
Posted On: 08-24-2014, 07:03 PMJasperdog liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Help Help..Please HELPIt's very common, in fact, so much that I wrote an article to differentiate between fin rot and fin biting since so many people mistake biting for rot. Here's the link:...Liked On: 08-24-2014, 10:02 PM
Posted On: 08-24-2014, 07:03 PMhuckleberry77 liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : New denison is a little crooked. Do I need to return him and bleach the tank?He's really cute :-D Yeah, he reminds me of my old Betta girl; Little Blue who's spine was crooked 90 degrees at her peduncle but she could still get around just fine! And currently I have a very...Liked On: 08-24-2014, 06:30 PM
Posted On: 08-24-2014, 01:24 PMhuckleberry77 liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Brand new rainbowfish- can't get them out of quarantineColumnaris is an opportunistic disease and it's always in the water, it will really only attack a weakened fish so if the fish is healthy, there should be no issues at all. I would just exchange her...Liked On: 08-22-2014, 12:55 PM
Posted On: 08-22-2014, 12:50 PMAgent13 liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Brand new rainbowfish- can't get them out of quarantineSounds like possible Columnaris which I'd treat with Furan-2 instead of KanaPlex. KanaPlex is good for other bacterial stuff but I've just found that Furan-2 generally works better for Columnaris.Liked On: 08-22-2014, 12:21 PM
Posted On: 08-22-2014, 08:59 AMhuckleberry77 liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Brand new rainbowfish- can't get them out of quarantineSounds like possible Columnaris which I'd treat with Furan-2 instead of KanaPlex. KanaPlex is good for other bacterial stuff but I've just found that Furan-2 generally works better for Columnaris.Liked On: 08-22-2014, 09:01 AM
Posted On: 08-22-2014, 08:59 AM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.