- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 267
- Hi there, I was suggested by another user (EeveeSong) that you may have some answers as to what my betta might be suffering from. Could you please have a look at my post if you are able. I would really appreciate it. Just trying to get my Betta back to healthy and happy.
- Hi there, lil! I was wondering if I could ask you about my fish, Cammy. I've been out of the game for so long, I feel rusty on my betta tips. A month ago, I brought him home with me for Fall Break and left his tank at school full of water with the filter turned off. When I returned, there was a ton of white flakes (mineral buildup, I've been told) at the top of the water. I did a water change and got most of it out, but despite doing regular water changes, I haven't been able to get the rest out over the past few weeks. I get rid of most of it with water changes, but after a week, it'll build back up. This doesn't seem to be bothering my fish though, as he's energetic and building bubble nests. I guess my question is: is this more of an aesthetic issue, or could it cause him harm? I did do a water test recently, and ammonia was .25, everything else was 0. I've been trying to cycle the tank, and have been adding prime conditioner every day.
- I need help. I posted about my fish's current illness and I have no idea what it could be. Someone responded to my post and said that you could help. If you can at all, please check my post and see if you know what's going on. My fish means a lot to me, and I'm a bit desperate. Thank you.
- Hey you've always been super helpful when you see my posts, could you take a look at my post about my female betta? it is called Sorority betta with missing scales and fuzz. To remove or to stay. Thanks in advanced, I want a second opinion, and also I would love to talk sorority tanks with you if you have any advice
- I just so happened to come on to your page today and find out it was your birthday and wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I want to personally thank you for always helping out and reassuring me that I'm doing something right by investing in such a beautiful species of fish. You are an amazing person, so thank you for that! Hope you enjoy your birthday!
- Just seen today's birthdays... Happy Birthday, Lil. May all your dreams and wishes come true. You taught me so many useful things about these wonderful fish.Thank you for your kindness and your support and all your words of encouragement. You're doing an amazing job here on bettafish.com. Happy Birthday!
- About lilnaugrim
- Rhode Island
- art, fish, pc gaming, writing
- Art Student at URI
- Total Years Fish Keeping Experience
- 3 - 5
Sam, Geronimo, Renegade, Roman, Macklin, Glaston, Velvet
RJ (H. Lifalili), EB Acara
RJ (H. Lifalili), EB Acara
- Alasse liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Meet Loki & ThorI was also wondering the same thing. I was wondering if it was some sort of joke that I missed or something lol.Liked On: 11-23-2015, 12:53 PM
Posted On: 11-23-2015, 07:58 AMSylverclaws liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : New Goldfish, he saved Spock! Pearlscale?True Pearls, yeah, when they're all balloon-y, yeah that's when they have troubles. But your new one has the posibility of carrying the geno but he's definitely not even a partial pearl. Here is a...Liked On: 11-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Posted On: 11-04-2015, 08:02 AMwillow liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Aggressive AngelWell, the biggest issue is that your tank is too small. A pair of Angels needs at least a 29 gallon to be successful. The mollies will also get big (4-5 inches) and usually needs a 30 gallon to be...Liked On: 10-10-2015, 08:26 AM
Posted On: 10-09-2015, 11:04 AMRomad liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : well water, home salt systemDepends on the type of fish you're keeping and if you want live plants. It also depends on the amount of salt that is in the water. Is it a Water Softener system or literally, it just adds salt to...Liked On: 09-14-2015, 11:48 AM
Posted On: 09-14-2015, 09:08 AMTermato liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : high nitrateHow planted are they? Can we see pics? Try for a 40% change instead if possible. Sometimes you need more than one change to lower nitrate if they're building too quickly.Liked On: 09-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Posted On: 08-25-2015, 08:52 AMMuskokatanker liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : General Paradise fish stuffYou can do a Riparium type of tank with bog/marsh plants. There are many great plants for that that you can find at most stores that sell indoor plants. Purple Waffle, Arrowheads, Baby Tears, even...Liked On: 09-02-2015, 09:05 PM
Posted On: 07-08-2015, 09:35 AMHaha, okay. I need to take more pictures today but this is what I right now at least while I'm at work. This is a 4 gallon grass tank I'm working on. Still trying to tame everything a little more....Liked On: 08-26-2015, 08:38 PM
Posted On: 05-21-2015, 12:30 PMWell, I hate to break it to ya, but those plants aren't aquatic, at least not fully aquatic. They may survive for a little bit, but they'll end up rotting and making a mess of your water. There are...Liked On: 08-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Posted On: 05-15-2015, 11:55 AMMuskokatanker liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Adding Live Plants to Established Aquarium1) Vacuum around the plants, you can get close to the plant usually just don't dig so deep there. Eventually the plant will root and you can vacuum all around it; the siphon will hit root and you...Liked On: 08-26-2015, 08:20 PM
Posted On: 08-11-2015, 01:38 PMaussieJJDude liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Water-Change question - new planted tankWell, I hate to break it to ya, but those plants aren't aquatic, at least not fully aquatic. They may survive for a little bit, but they'll end up rotting and making a mess of your water. There are...Liked On: 08-16-2015, 10:17 PM
Posted On: 05-15-2015, 11:55 AMAlasse liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : 4ft planted rainbow tankYou always have the most beautiful tanks! I'm jealous of your massive amounts of plants! hahaLiked On: 06-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Posted On: 06-17-2015, 10:15 AMaussieJJDude liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : What type of Cory is this?aussie is right, that's a Peppered and a Bronze in the back. Yes, Albino's are the same species as Bronze so they will shoal together. But Peppered are different and need a shoal of their own to be...Liked On: 06-08-2015, 04:36 AM
Posted On: 06-04-2015, 08:59 AMEh, that's a little small for a Beardie, that's 24 tall, correct? If so, that's a tank for an aboreal lizard, no good for Beardie's or even Leopards. All the Aboreal lizards are escape artists or...Liked On: 05-26-2015, 09:42 AM
Posted On: 05-25-2015, 09:14 PMEither a Leopard Gecko or a Bearded Dragon. A beardie would likely be better as their tails won't fall off if mishandled, but they're generally fairly easy going. Any lizard can escape, so be aware...Liked On: 05-26-2015, 07:55 AM
Posted On: 05-25-2015, 04:49 PMdanfu liked post by lilnaugrim On thread : Pets for young (autistic) children?Either a Leopard Gecko or a Bearded Dragon. A beardie would likely be better as their tails won't fall off if mishandled, but they're generally fairly easy going. Any lizard can escape, so be aware...Liked On: 05-25-2015, 07:44 PM
Posted On: 05-25-2015, 04:49 PM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.